Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Maintenance required light and Oil Change

Old 07-31-2007, 12:11 PM   #1
TXTACO is on a distinguished road
TXTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Maintenance required light and Oil Change

Hello all,

Anyone want to clue me in on how to change the oil and reset the maintenance Required light? I have generally done it at a service station but would rather do it myself on my 07 Tacoma. Plus, I've only had to change the oil on it once since I bought it and they couldn't figure out how to reset the light. I would rather do it myself than take it to the Dealership. Please Help.

Thanks!
Old 07-31-2007, 12:13 PM   #2
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Try this...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...eqd-light.html
Old 07-31-2007, 01:51 PM   #3
spp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to behold
spp's Tacoma Gallery
The instructions for resetting the light are in the manual which no one ever seems to read.
As for changing the oil , and I'm sure many will dis agree, but after30 years of doing it myself I've found it easier to take it to my Toyota dealer.
30 minutes, $30, don't have to dispose of the old oil and even get it washed.
Simple clean and fast. IF you are asking here how to change it you probably shouldn't do it yourself.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:20 AM   #5
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by spp View Post
The instructions for resetting the light are in the manual which no one ever seems to read.
As for changing the oil , and I'm sure many will dis agree, but after30 years of doing it myself I've found it easier to take it to my Toyota dealer.
30 minutes, $30, don't have to dispose of the old oil and even get it washed.
Simple clean and fast. IF you are asking here how to change it you probably shouldn't do it yourself.
I don't agree at all that it's easier to have the dealership do it. I've never left my drain plug hand tight (read: loose) or left old parts/consumables on or in the engine bay. And I have heard plenty of stories where dealerships and quik lubes have. It also lets me see under the hood, into the oil, draw oil samples, and keep an eye on everything from an owner perspective.

And the part I bolded....If people aren't going to learn something on this forum....What is the point of having it?? I was lucky-Dad taught me how to work on cars and I went from there and learned more. Not everyone has that luxury.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:56 AM   #6
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
4 years later..........................

Old 01-05-2011, 08:42 AM   #8
BigMac is on a distinguished road

Name: Dave
BigMac's Tacoma Gallery
I get coupons all the time from my Toyota dealer. $23 bucks and they wash the truck. If you want crawl under your truck afterward to check things out and make sure the drain plug is tight. And you can always open the hood and take a look before you leave the dealership. My Toyota dealer as always given me good service. To me it's worth it.

Dave
Old 02-09-2011, 08:51 AM   #9
arizonataco has a spectacular aura aboutarizonataco has a spectacular aura aboutarizonataco has a spectacular aura about

Name: Mike
arizonataco's Tacoma Gallery
as I have posted before.

4 out of 5 times they NOT lube your driveline and other lube points
and I have been to several dealerships
including Kia, Chevy and Ford. Unless you check their work they are not doing it....................
Go ahead, paint the tips of the zirks with white out and see.PLEASE.
People then wonder why I have noises and joint failure.

2 cents