Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Cylinder misfire 2 and 3 random misfire.

Old 08-04-2012, 10:10 AM   #1
Meangene is on a distinguished road
Meangene's Tacoma Gallery
Cylinder misfire 2 and 3 random misfire.

I already replaced both coils and plugs and wires. It ran better code cleared but at an idle the rpm drops it starts running rough and the service light comes back on saying cylinder misfire 2 and 3 again
Old 08-04-2012, 10:12 AM   #2
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Did you do a compression test? Are you sure the coil is getting the signal from the PCM to fire? Is the spark plug actually firing? Those are the next things you need to check.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:26 AM   #3
Meangene is on a distinguished road
Meangene's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't checked all that yet. It runs great on the highway and all over as long as I am moving. No codes or anything. It doesn't crank or idle well either. Could it be a dirty injector. Thinking of seafoam or heat in gas tank
Old 08-04-2012, 10:29 AM   #4
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meangene View Post
I haven't checked all that yet. It runs great on the highway and all over as long as I am moving. No codes or anything. It doesn't crank or idle well either. Could it be a dirty injector. Thinking of seafoam or heat in gas tank
That's a good place to start. If it runs ok at higher RPMS then that could def be the problem.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:58 PM   #5
matthua is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
matthua's Tacoma Gallery
Fixed yet?

Hello Meangene, I have the same exact symptoms and problem with mine now and I am wondering if you've fixed yours. If so, what did you do? I would appreciate if you or anyone can give me any advice.

I've installed all 4 new plugs, 4 new coils, 4 new injectors and even new downstream O2 sensors.