Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Automatic Transmission and Crawler Box

Old 01-09-2009, 06:20 AM   #1
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordon
SilverSeven's Tacoma Gallery
Automatic Transmission and Crawler Box

When I test drove the tacoma with th 6spd, I just didnt like the feel of the tranny, I always drive stick, but for some reason I wasnt feeling the one in the tacoma... anyway, I bought the 5spd auto and am happy for the most part, but I really miss the down shifting ability, especialy on the trail...

my question is, can I hook up a Marlin Crawler with my Auto tranny? I dont know how these things really work so I just want to know if

A. Is it possible to run a crawler box with an auto tranny
B. How would I work it ?

Thanks
Old 01-09-2009, 06:42 AM   #2
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
They have a board on Marlin Crawler with a Toyota section.

http://board.marlincrawler.com/

I don't see why you couldn't as long as there is one for your application. I would assume you have two options, 1) cut a hole in the floor board for the shift lever or 2) Use an electric model (if possible) and tie into the push button function or a seperate circuit/switch.

Are you looking to replace to existing transfercase?
Old 01-09-2009, 06:44 AM   #3
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordon
SilverSeven's Tacoma Gallery
I think so.. ha i really dont know..

Ive seen guys with the crawler box, I think it replaces the whole transfer case.

I just dont really understand how it works, other than provides lower 4x4 gearing for offroad
Old 01-09-2009, 06:48 AM   #4
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
I would suggest contacting them to see what is actually availabe for your taco.