Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Vendor/Fabricator Advice Needed.

Old 08-12-2012, 09:01 PM   #1
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Vendor/Fabricator Advice Needed.

I'll make myself look stupid here, rather than at the metal/fab shop.

Mostly in relation to 2nd Gen, front tube bumpers.

I have a few questions regarding some issues that I could use a little advice on. I have searched, I have looked at pics, J.Lee's (BAMF) thread about the types of tubing was helpful.

From looking at pics, it looks like when welding one tube to another tube, a notch/curve needs to be made on the end of the tube so that it forms around the curve of the other tube, then gets welded together. Is this hard to do, cutting said notch? I wouldn't think so, it looks pretty common.

My main question however....There is a slight curve to the taco front end. Appears to flow straight across the grille then curves slightly around the HL assemblies.

Anyone making a front tube bumper for 2nd gens, what angle/degree are you making the bends to flow around the headlights? Does that make sense?