1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My Tacoma wont start.po102/po335.any Ideas?

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by aki, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Aug 21, 2012 at 8:04 AM
    aki

aki [OP] New Member

Member:
    NY
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma, TRD lifted and worked
    Kaos 3 inch lift, TRD cold air, TRD headders and exhaust, TRD grill, TRD short shift, TRD seat covers, TRD, TRD, TRD
    Hey guys, New to the forum..
    Just wanted to see if there is somthing about this truck you may have been over before..
    Just bought it, Havent even made the first payment yet.. Ran fine for the first week and now wont start. Its a 2006 Tacoma 4x4 trd off road package, 4.0 and 6 speed manual trans. kaos 3'' lift, Trd cold air intake, Trd full exhaust (headers to tailpipe) and I was told a performance chipped was installed. I was also told, All work was done at the dealer in Scotsdale AR.
    I was doing fine,, truck ran great with no problems.. This friday after work it was hell getting it started (Tried starter fluid,dont know if thats why it started) and when it did finally light up. It ran fine but with a check engine light. I scaned it and I got po102 (mass air flow ) and po335 (Crank sensor)
    When I got home it was back to crank no start,Popped a crank sensor in it and it still wont start..Ideas?

2. Aug 21, 2012 at 8:09 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    Check and see if you blew EFI2 fuse.

3. Aug 21, 2012 at 1:29 PM
    BamaToy1997

BamaToy1997 Wheel Bearing Master

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    1997 Tacoma 4X4 AKA "Blue Beast"
    best wheel bearings around! www.marionbumper2bumper.com
    Both codes could prevent engine start. P0335 more directly.
    The CKP sensor system consists of a CKP sensor plate and a pickup coil. The sensor plate has 34 teeth and is on the crankshaft.
    P0335 sets if:
    No CKP sensor signal to ECM while cranking
    or No CKP signal to ECM at engine speed greater than 600 RPM.

Ben is possibly right for the information on the MAF sensor, but I think the crank sensor code is your actual no start concern. Your CKP sensor puts out a variable AC voltage signal, so you can connect a volt meter to the two pins of the sensor while the engine is being turned over. If you do not have a voltage there, replace the sensor (most likely cause. Other cause for no signal would be a broken reluctor wheel on crankshaft, but very unlikely) If you DO have signal at the sensor, reconnect sensor. the next step is go to your ECM and look for terminals 20 and 21. 20 will be a white wire, and 21 will be a black wire. CAREFULLY backprobe while engine is being cranked. If no signal at this point, test for a break in either one of those two wires between the ECM and the CKP sensor. If you have signal there, then you are most likely looking at a bad terminal at the ECM, or a failed ECM at this point. If you would like to post here your test results we will do what we can to help.

Products Discussed in

To Top