Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

2001 Taco Headlight "Off" Modification

Old 01-12-2009, 10:06 PM   #1
srsupertrap is on a distinguished road
Air Force: 86 AGS F-4E Crew Chief
srsupertrap's Tacoma Gallery
2001 Taco Headlight "Off" Modification

The 2001 Taco has an annoying safety feature in my opinion. When you start the Taco the headlights turn On even when the Light Switch is Off. Does anyone know of a simple modification like replacing a fuse relay from a earlier year to bypass this unnecessary safety feature?

I searched and didn't find the thread.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:10 PM   #2
Taco Traitor!
TRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to behold

TRD4x4858's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRD4x4858
My 01 doesnt do that, wierd
Old 01-12-2009, 10:16 PM   #3
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
just did it on my buddies 03 today. Look under the drivers side dash under the steering wheel. There is a relay that actually says running lights on a light blue sticker... Pull out the harnas and cut the 2nd wire(white with black stripe) replace the harnas and your done!!! There is a write up on ttora if you search for it
Old 01-12-2009, 10:34 PM   #4
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Are you referring to the daytime running lamps (DRL)? Do a search and you would have come across this thread.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...me-lights.html
Old 01-13-2009, 01:50 PM   #5
srsupertrap is on a distinguished road
Air Force: 86 AGS F-4E Crew Chief
srsupertrap's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
Are you referring to the daytime running lamps (DRL)? Do a search and you would have come across this thread.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...me-lights.html
Yes I was referring to DRL's, that's a better description and thanks for the information & link
Old 01-13-2009, 02:02 PM   #6
bishes love my haircut
Gr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Gr8WhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Gr8WhiteTaco
my 02 doesn't have that problem or DRL's.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:04 PM   #7
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8WhiteTaco View Post
my 02 doesn't have that problem or DRL's.
Same here.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:08 PM   #8
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
my 04 has them. whats so annoying about them though?