Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

CB Radio or something of this sort

Old 01-12-2009, 10:56 PM   #1
awoit will become famous soon enough

awoit's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to awoit
CB Radio or something of this sort

ok guys ever since i got my truck i always thought it would be a kick if i could get something like one of those truckers have with the walkie talkie lookin radios... but i dont want it as a radio. I want to hook it up to a loud speaker so i can talk outside while im in my truck. May sound kind of stupid but i like the idea and i have no idea on where to get something like this or if theres a name for it. if you guys have any knowledge on how i could rig this up or wat i could buy to use that would be great
Old 01-12-2009, 10:57 PM   #2
Taco Traitor!
TRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to behold

TRD4x4858's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRD4x4858
You can get a cb radio with a p/a speaker hooked up to it
Old 01-12-2009, 11:00 PM   #3
EBruddah is just really niceEBruddah is just really niceEBruddah is just really niceEBruddah is just really nice

EBruddah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by awoit View Post
ok guys ever since i got my truck i always thought it would be a kick if i could get something like one of those truckers have with the walkie talkie lookin radios... but i dont want it as a radio. I want to hook it up to a loud speaker so i can talk outside while im in my truck. May sound kind of stupid but i like the idea and i have no idea on where to get something like this or if theres a name for it. if you guys have any knowledge on how i could rig this up or wat i could buy to use that would be great

Ok, this one's easy all you need is a CB with a PA mini plug output. My setup is a Cobra 29 WXST Classic. But any CB with a PA output will work. Just buy the PA (Public Address)speaker.

http://www.wearecb.com/store/pa-spea...ment-c-30.html

It won't be as loud as 5-0's but it will work if you run into OHVs on the trail and want to talk to them without getting dust in the cab or if you just wanna fuck with your homies. I'm not sure but I assume you can get a louder speaker with an amp and a more powerful horn. My setup is less than 40 Watts and works fine.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:02 PM   #4
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBruddah View Post
Ok, this one's easy all you need is a CB with a PA mini plug output. My setup is a Cobra 29 WXST Classic. But any CB with a PA output will work. Just buy the PA (Public Address)speaker.

http://www.wearecb.com/store/pa-spea...ment-c-30.html

It won't be as loud as 5-0's but it will work if you run into OHVs on the trail and want to talk to them without getting dust in the cab or if you just wanna fuck with your homies. I'm not sure but I assume you can get a louder speaker with an amp and a more powerful horn. My setup is less than 40 Watts and works fine.
you're setup has how many watts??....i'm jealous
Old 01-14-2009, 08:51 PM   #6
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
You can always check out this site as well for information.
http://www.rightchannelradios.com Good luck and have fun.