Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Electrical issue LED Turn / Parking light bulbs added, parking lights popping fuse??

Old 09-07-2012, 02:29 PM   #1
hypertechno is on a distinguished road
hypertechno's Tacoma Gallery
Electrical issue LED Turn / Parking light bulbs added, parking lights popping fuse??

Just bought a 2012 Tacoma TRD Sport,

LED Turn / Parking light bulbs added, parking lights popping fuse??
Tried the Turn signals and worked OK, (Have load resistors inline for turn signals) But every time I try the parking lights = popping of parking light fuse (10amp)

Any suggestions?
Old 09-07-2012, 02:31 PM   #2
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
I thought they came stock with LED ones. Maybe thats just the back...

It could be the flux capacitor....

Nah I'm not gonna be of any help here, good luck though.
Old 09-07-2012, 02:35 PM   #3
Got R Did
jtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jtgroce's Tacoma Gallery
what wires do you have the resistor connected too? I hope it's the two wires that are NOT green coming out of DTRL/turn signal connector. I just installed LED DTRL on mine 2 weeks ago, loving them!
Old 09-07-2012, 02:46 PM   #4
Got R Did
jtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jtgroce's Tacoma Gallery
Did you install LED's on the small side lights? (maybe that's the parking lights) and if so don't those need resistor's as well since they blink when turn signals are on?
Old 09-19-2012, 01:22 PM   #5
LED parking light issues

Tried a load resistor on the Parking light side too, still acts like a direct short. Which is funny due to the load resistor being across the power and ground wire should have a load no matter what.

Installed the same style bulbs on an "08 Highlander (brakes and turn / parking) and worked Great.

And Yes the '12 Toyota Tacoma has LED Brake lights but the Turn , side marker and parking lights are still Old School incandescent bulbs.

May be an issue with the Daytime Running light system and or the LED mirror turn indicator light system??

Note: the turn signal side worked Great with the load resistors, just the parking light system was effected, maybe the sight where I got the bulb conversion was incorrect? They said to use 3157-X45-T LED- tower bulbs.

Also anyone know if someone has made a replacement front headlight assembly with HID / LED / Halo effects for '12 Tacoma's yet?
Old 09-19-2012, 03:11 PM   #6
Got R Did

jtgroce's Tacoma Gallery
did you try taking the bulb out and flipping it? sometimes the bulbs only work one way, I know mine are only one way
Old 09-25-2012, 12:22 PM   #7
Yes, tried 180 deg. rotation and also other bulb.