1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Electrical issue LED Turn / Parking light bulbs added, parking lights popping fuse??

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by hypertechno, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Sep 7, 2012 at 2:29 PM
    hypertechno

hypertechno [OP] New Member

Member:
    Chicagoland
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport Crew
    Just bought a 2012 Tacoma TRD Sport,

LED Turn / Parking light bulbs added, parking lights popping fuse??
    Tried the Turn signals and worked OK, (Have load resistors inline for turn signals) But every time I try the parking lights = popping of parking light fuse (10amp)

Any suggestions?

2. Sep 7, 2012 at 2:31 PM
    Forster46

Forster46 Very nice how much?

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    6000k HID's, AUX Reverse Lights, 3" Rough Country Suspension Lift, Pioneer AVH-P4200 Double Din, Underglow and footwell Lights, Camo Seat Covers, Duralast Tool Box, Blacked Out Badges, Grill, Front Emblem, Midland CB Radio, Amber Strobes, POWER REAR WINDOW, cup holder LED's, Firestik 3' in bed, console divider, Ultragauge.
    I thought they came stock with LED ones. Maybe thats just the back...

It could be the flux capacitor....

Nah I'm not gonna be of any help here, good luck though.

3. Sep 7, 2012 at 2:35 PM
    jtgroce

jtgroce Got R Did

Member:
    In the Foothills, NC
    Vehicle:
    '12 Taco MGM TRD Off Road
    K&N Air Filter Husky Floor Liners Weathertech Vent Visors LED Map/Dome Light Mod Chrome Door Handles AVS Bugshield Bed Mat Fog Light Anytime Mod DTRL LED's Flowmaster Super 40
    what wires do you have the resistor connected too? I hope it's the two wires that are NOT green coming out of DTRL/turn signal connector. I just installed LED DTRL on mine 2 weeks ago, loving them!

4. Sep 7, 2012 at 2:46 PM
    jtgroce

jtgroce Got R Did

Member:
    In the Foothills, NC
    Vehicle:
    K&N Air Filter Husky Floor Liners Weathertech Vent Visors LED Map/Dome Light Mod Chrome Door Handles AVS Bugshield Bed Mat Fog Light Anytime Mod DTRL LED's Flowmaster Super 40
    Did you install LED's on the small side lights? (maybe that's the parking lights) and if so don't those need resistor's as well since they blink when turn signals are on?

5. Sep 19, 2012 at 1:22 PM
    hypertechno

Member:
    Chicagoland
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport Crew
    Tried a load resistor on the Parking light side too, still acts like a direct short. Which is funny due to the load resistor being across the power and ground wire should have a load no matter what.

Installed the same style bulbs on an "08 Highlander (brakes and turn / parking) and worked Great.

And Yes the '12 Toyota Tacoma has LED Brake lights but the Turn , side marker and parking lights are still Old School incandescent bulbs.

May be an issue with the Daytime Running light system and or the LED mirror turn indicator light system??

Note: the turn signal side worked Great with the load resistors, just the parking light system was effected, maybe the sight where I got the bulb conversion was incorrect? They said to use 3157-X45-T LED- tower bulbs.

Also anyone know if someone has made a replacement front headlight assembly with HID / LED / Halo effects for '12 Tacoma's yet?

6. Sep 19, 2012 at 3:11 PM
    jtgroce

jtgroce Got R Did

Member:
    In the Foothills, NC
    Vehicle:
    did you try taking the bulb out and flipping it? sometimes the bulbs only work one way, I know mine are only one way

7. Sep 25, 2012 at 12:22 PM
    hypertechno

Member:
    Chicagoland
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport Crew
    Yes, tried 180 deg. rotation and also other bulb.

Products Discussed in

To Top