Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

What Magnaflow muffler is best?

Old 09-12-2012, 09:48 AM   #1
Shits & Giggles
kriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud of

Navy: Naval Flight Officer
Name: Chris
kriskross's Tacoma Gallery
What Magnaflow muffler is best?

Don't like the dual flowmaster I got, looking into a magnaflow and just going to lose the dual exhaust and cut the pipes after the muffler, before the hangers.

I want to get an idea of the basic difference between Sport, Race, GlassPack and XL. I want a deep, tough sound that isn't too obnoxious. This might be hard to do especially after my intake and headers. What do you think?
Old 09-12-2012, 10:43 PM   #2
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
My dad is running a magnaflow single in dual out thats quite until you stomp on it. Even with the SC its not super loud, but man does it sound good.

Ill have to go look what he has. I think its 20'' long or so tho..maybe 18..

the 18'' single in and out i have heard on several 1st gens and it sounds great. Nice low rubble but not at all obnoxious.

my 14'' Magna is pretty loud..would be crazy loud on your 4.0 with your headers and what not ha
Old 09-12-2012, 11:08 PM   #3
Boost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to all

Name: Billy
Boost JuNkY's Tacoma Gallery
Ive got the universal 5x8 2.5" in/out. The long 24" body. Im quite happy with it. Very different note than flows. Ive had gibson before this, had to change it after I installed headers. Wish i did the 3" but would proli be louder.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:21 PM   #4
austinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to behold

Name: Austin
austinramsay's Tacoma Gallery
I have an 11" magnaflow that gets pretty loud when you get on it, and its moderately loud just driving. I think a 14" would be perfect for ya
Old 09-13-2012, 12:03 PM   #5
Shits & Giggles
kriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud of

Navy: Naval Flight Officer
Name: Chris
kriskross's Tacoma Gallery
Now are all these the universal Magnas? Does anyone know how the sound of the street, race, and glasspack compare?