1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Does someone know how to read these

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by slickyd, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Sep 14, 2012 at 12:09 AM
    slickyd

slickyd [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Talladega, AL
    Vehicle:
    03 PreRunner SR5
    I bought a scan tool and I'm using obdwiz to see what my truck is doing only thing is I dont understand most of what its telling me. If I take some screen shots of different screens on obdwiz can someone translate them for me? Or tell me a site that can tech me how to read the charts and graphs? Truck has horrible had mileage.

Update
    I got the pages uploaded the links are down below.

2. Sep 14, 2012 at 12:13 AM
    rab89

rab89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Kelowna b.c canada
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCLB TRD Sport
    when you get a code suxh as p0102 just type it into google. "toyota p0102" or something along those lines, you'll find out what it is very easily. I think that's what you are asking for anyways..

3. Sep 14, 2012 at 12:17 AM
    slickyd

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Talladega, AL
    Vehicle:
    03 PreRunner SR5
    I'm not getting any codes and there are none stored either. I'm thinking something might be wrong with an o2 sensor but I don't know how to read what is on the screen. Lots of $03, $01, etc.

4. Sep 14, 2012 at 1:56 AM
    slickyd

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Talladega, AL
    Vehicle:
    03 PreRunner SR5
  5. Sep 14, 2012 at 2:06 AM
    slickyd

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Talladega, AL
    Vehicle:
    03 PreRunner SR5
    On the picture of the o2 sensors its will not show bank 1 sensor 1 information but I have seen other screen shots where it had both on the same page.

6. Sep 20, 2012 at 11:29 AM
    642doorhardtop

642doorhardtop Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    Silver Bullet
    some small rims and tires, headlights, taillights, head unit
    I dont want to take wild stabs in the dark as to what your problem MAY be, but sounds like it could have something to do with an O2 sensor.

The values in the charts represent what the truck is doing, or what it SHOULD be doing. The minimum value is the lowest value, and your actual value must be above that. Max same concept, but no MORE than max. Mean is average that your truck is producing for the values in question.

Some of the other pages are a snapshot that display what the truck was doing at the time of the code I would guess. Things like road speed, fuel trim for each bank (if applicable), and other fun facts are listed.

If you suspect a certain part malfunction, such as an oxygen sensor, you need to figure out how to isolate the problem. If an o2 sensor is suspect, you need to figure out the testing procedures to verify correct operation. If the component passes the test, you move on to the next mostly likely cause. If it fails the test, there could be your problem.

The o2 sensor operates on a reference voltage the ecu feeds to it. Depending on the reading it takes from your exhaust, it will send a varied voltage signal back to the ecu telling the computer what the exhaust looks like, and the computer decides based on that input what it must do to adjust vehicle operation to stay within preset factory values.

Im not sure if any of this is already common knowledge for you, or if its useful, but I hope it helps. I dont know how good you are with electrical, but being able to test the systems properly to isolate the problem will take you a long way with your taco.

Like was mentioned above, googling the code is very very helpful, and most likely will give you a very good starting point to solving your problem.

Good luck!

7. Sep 20, 2012 at 11:51 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    I'd avoid searching Google for the code as you tend to get mixed information. Go straight to the FSM.

8. Sep 20, 2012 at 4:02 PM
    642doorhardtop

642doorhardtop Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    Silver Bullet
    some small rims and tires, headlights, taillights, head unit
    9827 thats a badass link! I never woulda thought..factory service manual could actually be found online! NICE:thumbsup:

Products Discussed in

To Top