1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

about restore

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by mitiko, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Jan 15, 2009 at 9:31 PM
    mitiko

mitiko [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    lax
    Vehicle:
    05 prerunner trd
    Hi have anyone used restore additive for the engine .
    You will recommend or better don't use.

[​IMG]

2. Jan 16, 2009 at 5:08 AM
    Roland

Roland My other ride has sails

Member:
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    06 Impulse Red I4 2WD Access Cab
    UnderCover Tonneau, Bed mat, Bug Deflector, aFe Pro Dry S, Secondary Air Filter removed, Synthetic 5W-30 oil, Scanguage II with blendmount, WeatherTech floorliners, Toyota seat covers, Installed OEM intermittent wipers, TacomaWorld sticker, Defrost without AC mod, Hidden Hitch
    If there's nothing wrong with your engine don't bother. If something is wrong with your engine pouring an additive into the oil isn't going to fix it. Based on the front of the can I'll bet it's just a heavy weight oil. It's an old trick irreputable used car dealers use, throwing some straight 40 wt oil in the crank case quiets the engine and slows down oil consumption. This seems even more of a gimmick than many of them. Oh look! It's a special "6 cylinder formula"!

3. Jan 16, 2009 at 5:46 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.

Well said. You can't replace missing or worn metal by pouring in a can of BS. If they were reputable, they would take before and after pics of treated motor. Hell, I would settle for a befoe and after dyno run. There is no scientific (to my knowledge) study to back these claims. As Roland said, it is just a heavier weight (higher viscosity) oil.

What gets me is the stuff has been around a long time. I can remember seeing it when I first starting going into parts stores as a kid, and I am 31 now. I have never seen any one buy it either.

Products Discussed in

To Top