Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

2nd Gen Truck Bed Bolts questions

Old 09-23-2012, 04:54 PM   #1
jtnyc is on a distinguished road
jtnyc's Tacoma Gallery
2nd Gen Truck Bed Bolts questions

I have an 05 x-runner. I bought the larger Dodge D-rings to add to the truck bed, but when I removed the stock bolts (6) that bolt the bed to the frame, I saw that some of them are badly rusted.

I soaked them in a cup full of rust remover and was able to remove most of the rust, but some of the threads don't look clean and the black coating is no longer there. I'm guessing it's better to just replace them?

Can someone help me find the part number for those bolts? There are 3 rows of two for a total of 6. They have a T-55 Torx head and a washer attached.

Also, what's your favorite place to get OEM parts such as these? I will need them before Friday... so may need to just get them from a local dealer?

Thanks for the help
Old 09-25-2012, 10:54 PM   #2
All Glory To The Hypnotoad
ziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ziggynagy's Tacoma Gallery
Think you're looking for 64189-0C011, which replaced 64189-04020 shown below
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker_troy View Post
Old 09-25-2012, 10:55 PM   #3
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggynagy View Post
What is the difference between the two ?
Old 09-26-2012, 06:33 AM   #4
jtnyc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggynagy View Post
the 04020 looks like the bolts currently on my 05 Taco. I will be picking up the new bolts (0C011) later today and can post pics later if anyone's interested.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:42 AM   #5
jtnyc's Tacoma Gallery
Just picked up the new bolts (0C011). They're identical to the old ones except they don't have the blackish/satin finish on them. They have the same silverish look like the bolts that come on newer models.

I asked the dealer about the part numbers, and they said that 0C011 supercedes the old number.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:06 PM   #6
ziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
What is the difference between the two ?
No idea... same $, diameter and length when I looked online.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:47 AM   #7
jtnyc's Tacoma Gallery
the newer one has a silver coating... presumably a galvnized coating, whereas the old one has the black coating which tends to rust a lot.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:09 AM   #8
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtnyc View Post
the newer one has a silver coating... presumably a galvnized coating, whereas the old one has the black coating which tends to rust a lot.
IC

Mine are silver , with rust splotches
Old 10-02-2012, 11:33 AM   #9
jtnyc's Tacoma Gallery
interesting. I'm planning to paint my bolts to prevent rust... hope it will help
Old 10-02-2012, 01:40 PM   #10

My silver bolts have rust spots on them too, hit them w/ some fluid film and will see how they hold up this winter. Glad this worked out for ya OP.