1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wont start...Dealer is clueless

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by big69bob, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Oct 15, 2012 at 8:12 AM
    big69bob

big69bob [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    South Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 V6 Prerunner
    Leather seats Navi
    20K miles bring the truck to the Toyota dealer for an oil change and tire rotation just like I've done every 5K miles before. This time tho I asked them to check the fuse for the ciggy lighter because my iPhone charger wont work.
    An hour later the sevice advisor takes me out to the garage and says they can't get it to start. Blah blah tail lights, fuses, blah blah. 3 guys working on it. Cranks fine...wont fire up.
    Suddenly it starts as they're messing with the fusebox. Ok "must have been a loose fuse". they tell me.
    Drives great for 2 days then suddenly wont start. Big ordeal get it towed in. Wont start for them either. Next day they say it started fine every diagnostic checks out perfect.
    One week later...wont start. Again towed...rental car...miss work...a huge hassle. At the dealer it starts right up.
    Gee mister you're truck is fine...have a nice day! What? What if I'm stuck in the woods next time?
    HELP Any ideas what might be wrong?

2011 Tacoma 4 door V6----Not 4wheel drive.
    Ciggy lighter works now...in case thats a clue. Cranks perfectly just wont start.

Products Discussed in

To Top