1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help Please. P0138, P0137 (tried everything)

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by cavilry, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Oct 19, 2012 at 6:51 PM
    cavilry

cavilry [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma TRD 4x4 LT
    Total Chaos Long Travel Kit, King Shocks, Deaver Leafs
    Hey All

I need to get my truck smogged, which means I need to clear my Check Engine Light. Last weekend I got rid of my PRNDL sensor issue (knock on wood) and I thought I got rid of my P0138 and P0137 code (Bank 1 Sensor 2 O2 sensor high voltage and low voltage, respectively).

I removed both O2 sensors (the ones behind the cat, which I think are sensor 2), cleaned them per instructions, cleaned the connectors, and let them sit out for a bit. I swapped the sensors so that I would be able to tell if it came back on if it might be the sensor itself. Today, before I could get the car smogged, I got the same codes again.

This indicates to me that it is not the O2 sensor, or else it would have gone to the other bank correct? Any ideas what the heck is the cause? I really need this fixed this weekend if at all possible.

If it matters, the truck is all stock engine-wise minus a K&N Intake. I did have the engine replaced about 6 months ago due to water entering the intake, but the truck was never submerged...the water was only about 6 inches deep. I did check all connections (I think).

Please let me know ASAP.

Many thanks!

Chris

2. Oct 21, 2012 at 11:08 AM
    cavilry

cavilry [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma TRD 4x4 LT
    Total Chaos Long Travel Kit, King Shocks, Deaver Leafs
    Anyone have any updates? I really could use some help here....I am at a bit of a loss as to what it could be.

3. Oct 22, 2012 at 8:43 AM
    pk215

pk215 New Member

Member:
    Have you found an issue to this? I am having the same problem with no luck. please email me kmphilly2 at gmail

4. Oct 28, 2012 at 3:56 PM
    Ninj

Ninj Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ninja
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    2011 Super White TRD Off-road SR5 6 Speed
    URD True Cold Air Intake URD MAF PnP Version (Very easy to install) Full Custom Exhaust 2.5" Stainless Steel Pipe, Doug Thorley Long Tube Ceramic Coated Headers, 2 stock catalytic converters (2 cat deletes), X Pipe, Dual Flowmaster Super 44s, 2 Jones 18 inch stainless steel tips, Full exhaust exits before rear passenger wheel like the SVT Lightning (I have Krisxone’s 09+ ECU adapter so I can go URD Boosted, Tested and working) 3 Inch Ultimate Toyotech lift (Silver Painted Coilovers) with Old Man Emu Leafs (No add-a-leaf here)
  5. Oct 31, 2012 at 2:59 PM
    cjimenRR

cjimenRR Be Good or Be Good At It

Member:
    North Hollywood, Ca
    Vehicle:
    12' Sport DC,LB, 4x4
    If you're having both codes come on at the same time then it's not a faulty sensor. The codes definitions are Low voltage failure and High voltage failure. This leads me to believe there is a power issue, you have a shorted wire or short to ground. Did you do something in the interior that required removal of the seats or carpet??? This plug/ harness should come inside the cabin near the center console, any work done in that area recently?

Products Discussed in

To Top