1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TRD Cold Air Intake Retro for 2012.

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Scott W, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Dec 6, 2012 at 6:32 PM
    Scott W

Scott W [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Saranac Lake, NY
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD PRO. Calvary Blue.
    TRD Performance Air Intake. TRD Shift Knob. KTJO 4X4 Red TRD Push Button Start/Stop. Calvary Blue FOBIK by AJT Design. 12volt Solutions Remote Start with CAR:LINK Smartphone Remote Start and GPS app. Sprint Booster V3 Throttle Response Enhancer. AFE Silver Bullet Throttle Body Spacer 46-38010. 2" Supreme Suspension Lift Kit. TOYO 265/75R16 Open Country A/T2. EGR Matte Black In-Channel Vent Visors. REK GEN Offroad Mud Guards. AMP RESEARCH Power Steps. JDMastar 10000lumes LED Low Beam Lighting T1. JD Mastar Raptor LED Lighting. TRUXEDO Tonneau Cover.
    Hey There, I own a 2012 Tacoma 4.0l. I want to install a TRD Cold Air Intake. I realize there is (I think only) one issue with a 2011 CAI. That is with the Air Pump Location. I can solve that issue by relocating the Air Pump down by the Power Steering Reservoir. Airaid makes a really nice bracket for that, and they even sold it to me. I am just not sure if the Intake layout is the same from the 2011 4.0l to the 2012. Does anyone know or have any other info regarding my concern. Thanks, Scott

2. Dec 6, 2012 at 7:44 PM
    Blasphemous

Blasphemous Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    San Fernando Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport DC 4x4
    TRD SC, Stealth Pulley, DTLT Headers, URD MK3 Catback Exhaust, AFE II Intake
    If you relocate the air pump it is all the same.

You were actually get them to sell you the bracket itself?

How much? I'm definitely interested in purchasing!

3. Dec 7, 2012 at 2:37 PM
    Scott W

Scott W [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Saranac Lake, NY
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD PRO. Calvary Blue.
    TRD Performance Air Intake. TRD Shift Knob. KTJO 4X4 Red TRD Push Button Start/Stop. Calvary Blue FOBIK by AJT Design. 12volt Solutions Remote Start with CAR:LINK Smartphone Remote Start and GPS app. Sprint Booster V3 Throttle Response Enhancer. AFE Silver Bullet Throttle Body Spacer 46-38010. 2" Supreme Suspension Lift Kit. TOYO 265/75R16 Open Country A/T2. EGR Matte Black In-Channel Vent Visors. REK GEN Offroad Mud Guards. AMP RESEARCH Power Steps. JDMastar 10000lumes LED Low Beam Lighting T1. JD Mastar Raptor LED Lighting. TRUXEDO Tonneau Cover.
    I've was researching on line and happened upon a link to Airaid 2012 Tacoma CAI. I just checked it out even though I am only going to install a TRD. The directions showed the bracket so I called and told them I needed it for my 2012 tacoma. Didn't did tell them I was installing a TRD and they didn't ask. $25.00. Haven't installed it yet. Still researching pricing for the CAI.

http://www.airaid.com/InstallationPDF/511-312.pdf

4. Dec 17, 2012 at 3:22 PM
    ambiguous

ambiguous Master Retrofitter @RECHELON/AESTHETICS Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Burt
    Portland, OR to SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB TRD
    Scott,

Download the 2011 Airaid install kit and the 2012 Airaid install kit. You'll see there's a lot more than just the bracket that you will need.

Good luck with the retrofit.

5. Jan 9, 2013 at 2:44 PM
    Xer0 SiN

Xer0 SiN Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hilo, HI
    Vehicle:
    19 TRD SPORT TACOMA / 21 LIMITED RAV4
    this and that...
    uodate please? anxious to get a trd installed lol.

Products Discussed in

To Top