Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Truck skidding out of control - Light

Old 12-13-2012, 08:39 AM   #2
GP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
Which truck skidding light is it (there are two)? Does it say OFF under it, or just the truck skidding?

Is it blinking or solid?

Any other lights on?
Old 12-13-2012, 03:28 PM   #4
Ahshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ahshiet's Tacoma Gallery
Try unplugging the battery for a bit maybe 10mins or so, I had this problem the battery thing didn't work so I unplugged the battery and took out the driver seat and unplugged the YAW sensor plug tapped it with a screw driver then put it all back and my light went off.

Don't think the alignment shop can fix it unless the sensor is bad u can't pull the code on a scanner it has to be rest by the dealer they told me $110 to do it
Old 12-13-2012, 03:38 PM   #6
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
EDIT: according to the service manual, you need to (or get a dealer to) reset the VSC system after a front suspension alignment.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/att...libration-.pdf
Old 12-13-2012, 03:41 PM   #7
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
Literally JUST had the same light come on after my alignment on Friday.

This is the only logical explanation I could come up with.

VSC Recalibration PDF

Since I got aligned outside the stealership, they want $99 to recalibrate it. I have a friend who works for Toyota, so I may be able to get it done for free. As far as they're concerned, Toyota is the only entity with that "Intelligent Tester" tool.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:18 PM   #9
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Not just the yaw sensor per se. The VSC system also uses the steering wheel angle sensor as part of its algorithm, so if the alignment process changed the toe and/or thrust angle slightly, that could throw it off.