Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Model Year Specific FSM Help Desk threads?

Old 12-16-2012, 02:12 PM   #1
Most people call me ... Jim.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Question Model Year Specific FSM Help Desk threads?

As I'm busily processing every file of the Toyota 2012 Tacoma Repair Manual (RM18R0U), I've been thinking about how much of a pain it's been to obtain a full copy of the FSM through TIS. I know it's illegal to share the pdf files I'm creating, but there isn't a non-disclosure agreement in place with TIS membership. Information from any FSM can be shared, such as part numbers, special tools required for jobs, torque & electrical specs, etc.

What I'm considering is having threads started for each model year where people with FSM access could provide technical data upon request. Between people that have TIS access, owners of hardcopy FSMs, and schmucks like me that have downloaded the files, I think a lot of data could be covered. It would be a place for data only, not full DIY breakdowns of a repair. Does the idea that have merit?