Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Transmission flush

Old 12-19-2012, 03:31 AM   #1
Hektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud of

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
Transmission flush

Would the dealer be the best place to take my 2003 v6 taco to get a transmission flush??? I wanted to change to synthetic fluid, but I most recommend the toyota fluid for the transmission. My truck has 69k as far as I know the las flush was performed at 40k. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:48 AM   #2
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
If it was flushed at 40 i would just do drain and fill with type 4. 4 1/2 quarts and be like new.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:00 AM   #3
Hektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud of

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
The problem is that PO didnt do the flush at the dealer so I dnt know what fluid they used. If I drain and fill with toyota type 4 it should be ok then????
Old 12-19-2012, 04:06 AM   #4
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
People mix type 4 and synthetics all the time, i personally wouldnt but they say its ok.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:14 AM   #6

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO TX View Post
People mix type 4 and synthetics all the time, i personally wouldnt but they say its ok.
For sure she didnt used synthetic that I know for a fact. Now if I put the type 4 it should be ok since it doesnt have synthetic?
Old 12-19-2012, 04:15 AM   #7

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacksblacktaco View Post
AMSOIL or REDLINE ATF or MTF
I was thinkin Amsoil, thats why I wanted to do the flush buy dealer eont do it unless they refill with toyota type 4