LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Winch Power

Old 12-23-2012, 08:19 AM   #1
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
Winch Power

I have a Smittybilt XRC8 winch and have noticed that my lights dim in the cabin when I am using it. Now I come from a car audio world, and know that this means it isn't getting its required power to operate properly. I have just recently bought a P5 Group 35 Diehard Platinum battery and still have this issue. I do plan on buying another one to run a dual battery set up with my columbia overland kit. What I am wondering, is, does anyone else notice this in their trucks as well? If so, what have you done to feed enough juice to your winch? I have the OEM tow package Off Rd 4x4, so I have the larger alt....

Oh yeah, MERRY CHRISMAS!