Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Clock resets.....everyday! HELP!

Old 12-24-2012, 04:20 AM   #1
bkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bkmcinty's Tacoma Gallery
Clock resets.....everyday! HELP!

Ok so two days ago I get into my truck and my map and dome lights will not turn on.....weird I will also say they are all LEDs from CS jumper which I don't think has anything to do with it but anyways....also the clock says 1:00 every time I turn the truck on now....regardless if I set it to another time every time I turn it on it says 1:00! It's driving me nuts! I have not checked my fuse box yet but any other input? Has this happened to anyone before? If the fuse was bad I would imagine the clock would just not turn on.....also it's dimmer than usual almost faded.....
Old 12-24-2012, 04:48 AM   #3
Dismembered
Robnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
Robnik's Tacoma Gallery
^X2 or just swap out the battery.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:58 AM   #4
bkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

So you think my battery is going too low voltage wise everyday? Hmmm......truck starts fine and I would think the voltage would have to go really low to reset the clock and at that point the truck wouldn't start......but I'll check the terminals and do a battery test with my dim....and how about the interior lights? Any ideas there?
Old 12-24-2012, 04:59 AM   #5

DMM**
Old 12-24-2012, 05:17 AM   #6
Dismembered
Robnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Robnik's Tacoma Gallery
That is odd, that it starts. Do the headlights come on w/ the engine off? You could also get a jump & see if the dome light goes on then.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:32 AM   #7

Yeah everything else works flawlessly....I'm thinking all the interior lights went out somehow I have the stock bulbs ill pop one in and see if they work then....but the clock deal puzzles me.....
Old 12-24-2012, 05:57 AM   #8
Dismembered

Robnik's Tacoma Gallery
Interior light, personal lights, clock & vanity lights are all on the same fuse. Engine compartment, slot 23, 7.5 A on my truck.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:11 AM   #9

It's just the map and dome light that won't come on.....it's so strange
Old 12-24-2012, 06:11 AM   #10

I'm thinking something somehow shorted out and blew the bulbs and screwed up my clock
Old 12-24-2012, 06:47 AM   #11
Dismembered

Robnik's Tacoma Gallery
I too, am perplexed. Hope you figure it out.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:23 AM   #12
Rodeo73 is on a distinguished road

Rodeo73's Tacoma Gallery
Check your fuses. The wiring diagram shows at least your dome and clock memory are on the same fuse.

7.5A DOME includes: clock, interior light, wireless door lock control.

I can find it on the clock memory and dome light diagrams, but not seeing it for the wireless door circuit.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:59 AM   #13

If the fuse was bad I don't think the clock would even turn on....but I'm going to check it as soon as I get off work and let you guys know!
Old 12-24-2012, 09:12 AM   #15
All go, No show
Davtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
Davtopgun's Tacoma Gallery
It's not the voltage of the battery. It's your connection to the battery. They sell cleaning kits for battery terminals. Something small like lights are going to go off and on and sometimes flicker. Starting the truck will still work do to the voltage that it will use vs something small.

Clean the terminals, it's very easy. They also have this grease stuff that they use to make the connection better. I've dealt with similar problems on many different vehicles.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:07 PM   #16

Ok update time! When I turn my headlights off the clock indeed DOES turn off completely! But I checked all the fuses under the hod as well as the fuses under the steering wheel and all of them are good. I used the continuity setting in my multimeter.....I'm stumped! There is no corrosion on the terminals and the terminals are very tight. Any other thoughts?
Old 12-24-2012, 03:02 PM   #17
Dismembered

Robnik's Tacoma Gallery
What was the battery voltage? Should be around 12.6V~12.7V w/ nothing on. Also, did you check the dome light socket for "juice"?
Old 12-24-2012, 03:43 PM   #18

Both my batteries rest at 12.82 volts with the truck off.....did not test the socket
Old 12-26-2012, 09:33 PM   #19
koco is on a distinguished road

koco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeo73 View Post
Yes it would. It should have a main power feed, a memory feed, and a illumination feed (when you turn on your headlights). The fuse you need to check is the one that feeds the memory circuit which also happens to power your dome light.
+1 to this.

The clock has a constant power wire to keep the time, and an ignition power wire to illuminate the clock. It sounds like the constant supply is not working for some reason.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:35 PM   #20
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Mine did this once and it was a fuse under the hood...took me forever to find it I just don't remember which one it was