Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Head Gasket or Intake Manifold Gasket

Old 12-27-2012, 05:11 PM   #1
VA6DCO
IgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
IgnorantlyAlberta's Tacoma Gallery
Head Gasket or Intake Manifold Gasket

So Im having more fun with my truck again. 2006 v6
Not sure where the issue is. I have a warrenty so Im not entirely worried, though I am curious.
I do have evapourate residue on my oil cap and down the filler stem, however I did an oil change and there is no evidence in the oil. I also did my sparkplugs at the same time and did not see any evidence there as well.
Head Gasket or Intake Manifold Gasket-img00745-20121204-1659.jpg
Looking for some input.
Anyone seen this before?
Old 12-27-2012, 05:13 PM   #2
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
It's normal. They all do it.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:22 PM   #3
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...fill-tube.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-fill-cap.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...r-oil-cap.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ults-back.html
Old 12-27-2012, 05:25 PM   #4
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
looks like you need a new engine!

or take yours on some longer hotter drives
Old 12-27-2012, 05:42 PM   #5
Failure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: John
Failure2Comply's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
looks like you need a new engine!

or take yours on some longer hotter drives
+1

Need to evaporate the moisture from your oil so the PCV system can process it.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:53 PM   #6
VA6DCO
IgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Are you serious???
This shit could be normal?
Hmm I am actually now a little more frustrated then before.
Lets build an engine that will make some frappé topping at the same time, these americans will shit bricks.
Well thanks for the great input. Ill let you know if my engine shits the bed.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:01 PM   #7
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

It is normal, if you take short drives that don't allow the engine to get hot enough to burn off moisture in the crank case.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:03 PM   #8
VA6DCO

Any idea if its bad. No moisture in the oil is really good but should I take the time and run a few hundred Kms every weekend in the winter?
Old 12-27-2012, 06:06 PM   #9
Hasn't cause any damage to me and my filler cap has looked like that all 50,000 miles I've driven it.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:17 PM   #10

I would keep an eye on your oil level as well as coolant level just in case but generally this appears with short trips. I wouldn't go too out of your way to get it really warmed up. This small amount of moisture shouldn't cause too much harm to your engine.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:26 PM   #11
VA6DCO

Awesome. Didnt think Id get a response so quickly.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:37 PM   #13
Wishin' I was Fishin'
landphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shed

landphil's Tacoma Gallery
In a cold enough climate, even long trips won't eliminate it. The long filler neck is really why this happens, it creates a cool spot for the moisture to condense. Look down the tube with a light, there won't be any "mayonaise" below the botton of the tube.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:40 PM   #14
VA6DCO

Old 12-30-2012, 01:48 PM   #15
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
I change my oil at 3-4k in winter instead of 5-7k in summer. You aren't going to change the way you drive so might as well change the oil. It is not common in warm weather so if it persists in summer look deeper.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:11 PM   #16
VA6DCO

Good to know. Ive been changing my oil between 35- 5000km since I got my truck. Or depending on my driving. I will be keepng an eye on it for sure at least until I can get used to it. thanks