Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Skid decision

Old 01-01-2013, 01:15 PM   #1
MarkM is on a distinguished road
Name: Mark
MarkM's Tacoma Gallery
Skid decision

I am getting ready to have a bunch of parts powder coated. I was wondering if powder coating my OEM TRD skid plate would be a bad move due to scraping when it comes into contact with the earth. Anyone have any advice? I was also looking for advice on a way to powder coat my sliders with something that would give some texture for stepping in or out.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:49 PM   #2
RacecarGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacecarGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacecarGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacecarGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacecarGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacecarGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacecarGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacecarGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacecarGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacecarGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacecarGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RacecarGuy's Tacoma Gallery
For parts that are prone to scrapes, I prefer using spray paint. This way when it gets bad enough or I have spare time, I can touch it up with spray paint vs. having to send it out to be powder coated again.