Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

2013 engine warm up

Old 01-05-2013, 08:18 AM   #1
MarkM is on a distinguished road
Name: Mark
MarkM's Tacoma Gallery
2013 engine warm up

I was curious if anyone knows if it is hard on the engine to just start up and drive without hard acceleration when cold. The average winter temp in the morning is around 15-25 degrees and I have been sitting letting the truck idle to temp before leaving most days. I was just curious the different options or suggestions Thanks!
Old 01-05-2013, 08:21 AM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Check out these threads.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-you-idle.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...e-warm-up.html
Old 01-05-2013, 08:37 AM   #3
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
it is -12 degrees F right now and has been every morning for the past few days. It was -23 last weekend... I start my truck, idle till my scanguage reads 60 water temp (about 2 min) and start driving keeping revs under ~2k ish. Don't idle your truck forever, its no good.

~M
Old 01-21-2013, 03:34 PM   #4
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
i let it idle until the needle on the temp gauge hits the 1st "tick mark", ...then i drive off slowly, and baby it until it gets up to running temp...