1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

low heat output

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by wallyaussi, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Jan 5, 2013 at 9:00 AM
    wallyaussi

wallyaussi [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wally
    Boston
    my 08 , 4 cyl, auto was losing heat temperature. Originally when the temp dial was at the half way (blue/red) point the temp was high enough to sometimes being too high. The temp diminished over a few weeks to being cool at the same point and at full red was about was warm as 1/2 way had been. The temp gauge was always in the middle. The thermostat and coolant was replaced with no increase in heater temp output. The work was done at a local shop, not the dealer. Any ideas why I lost heat ?

2. Jan 5, 2013 at 9:03 AM
    Rackster

Rackster Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    '04 E/cab 4x4 2.7 Auto SR5
    Sounds like it could be your thermostat was dying and now is dead. I had a similar issue with my Ranger a year ago and replacing that got things back in order. You should be able to check to see if warm/hot water/antifreeze is running through your lines. Be very careful though as you don't want to get hurt in the process of checking. Start with a cold truck and check to see if warm/hot water is flowing to the heater core.

Products Discussed in

To Top