Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Where can I buy a Maintenance Manual

Old 01-05-2013, 09:14 PM   #1
LateNiteWrench is on a distinguished road
LateNiteWrench's Tacoma Gallery
Where can I buy a Maintenance Manual

I need to do some work on my '95 Tacoma. An engine or top end replacement may be in order. First I've got to figure out what is going wrong.
All I can find at the auto parts stores are useless manuals that really only tell me how to change my oil. I'd like a mechanic's manual if possible or at least an after market one that tells you how to work on major stuff.

Any suggestions on a good manual? Any ideas where I can get one? Even one on CD would be fine with me.

Thanks
Old 01-06-2013, 01:15 AM   #2
Robnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Robnik's Tacoma Gallery
Service manual: http://www.helminc.com/helm/Result.a...elected_media=
Old 01-06-2013, 01:26 AM   #3
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Free here but fwiw I bought a Haynes manual from Auto Zone and they are worth their weight in gold. I used one to rebuild a motor from an s10 with it
Old 01-06-2013, 05:19 AM   #4
tlh178 is on a distinguished road
Name: terry
tlh178's Tacoma Gallery
i brought my haynes off of amazon or ebay. it was one of those two. had it delivered right to my house.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:22 AM   #5
Justin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud of

Justin626's Tacoma Gallery
Going with the same thought on a Haynes, you should look into opting for there online manuals. About the same price and alot more to it.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:45 AM   #6
Toyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
Toyota Truck's Tacoma Gallery
Do they all come in black and white or can I get one in color?
Old 01-06-2013, 06:03 AM   #7
Banned
IndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
IndianTaco's Tacoma Gallery
You can pick one up at your local auto parts store
Old 01-09-2013, 05:54 PM   #8
tan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rick
tan4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Haynes is the best after-market manual. I always carry one in the truck.

However, I also went ahead and bought a factory manual from Ebay. There are 2 volumes, really thick. Great for troubleshooting. I plan on keeping my truck 4-ever, and doing the repairs myself, so its worth it.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:15 PM   #9
LateNiteWrench is on a distinguished road
LateNiteWrench's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks. I will check out a Hanes and see about a FSM on Ebay.
You can never have too many good ones.