Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Where are you installing your non-isolated winch solenoids?

Old 01-06-2013, 04:06 PM   #1
Ritchie is on a distinguished road
Ritchie's Tacoma Gallery
Where are you installing your non-isolated winch solenoids?

Like the subject says...

I installed mine to the left of the battery. Made a bracket for the battery to sit on, used a sheet metal break for the bends and the solenoids sit to the left of it.

So far, it stays dry and all of the cableing has not rubbed on anything to wear through the sheathing or crinkle type housing I wrapped the entire 'loom' in.

Just wondering.

Later.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:15 AM   #2
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
I mounted mine between the passenger head light and radiator. My thought was to keep it close to the winch. Made a simple bracket out of angle iron. The zip tie is gone and there to help hold it while I measured for the mount.

Ran the power wire under the plastic radiator cover.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:27 AM   #3
Ritchie is on a distinguished road
Ritchie's Tacoma Gallery
Nice job.
Here are some pics of mine including the wireless remote:
Attached Thumbnails
Where are you installing your non-isolated winch solenoids?-dsc03779.jpg   Where are you installing your non-isolated winch solenoids?-dsc03778.jpg