Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

"Tube Flare" input requested

Old 01-07-2013, 02:46 PM   #1
Shits & Giggles
kriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud of

Navy: Naval Flight Officer
Name: Chris
kriskross's Tacoma Gallery
"Tube Flare" input requested

I am thinking about tossing my stock fender flares and welding on some tubing that will go from the corner of my front ARB bumper to the front of my sliders and from the rear of my sliders to to the front corner of my rear CBI bumper. Has anyone ever heard of this being done? I am wondering if I should worry about extra support on the top of it, like a crossmember connecting the two across the engine bay and the same for the rear. Any input helps. Thanks.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:13 PM   #2
Failure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: John
Failure2Comply's Tacoma Gallery
Something like this?

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ux-panama.html
Old 01-08-2013, 08:24 AM   #3
Shits & Giggles
kriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud of

Navy: Naval Flight Officer
Name: Chris
kriskross's Tacoma Gallery
Oh yea, I saw that ARB was doing this. The only thing I would do different is remove the flare instead of go over it and probably weld it to the bumper instead of bolts.