Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

LIFT HELP NEEDED

Old 01-09-2013, 07:03 PM   #1
Lkitesplit is on a distinguished road
Name: John
Lkitesplit's Tacoma Gallery
LIFT HELP NEEDED

I recently bought a lift for my 2012 Tacoma. It is made by Revtek and is basically a block spacer for the rear leads and a round spacer for the front springs. Even though the lift is brand new I bought it second hand from someone else. It contained all of the required instructions to install it as well. The problem I face is whether or not I need to change my stock Bilstein shocks and if there is anything else I need to add? I'm not doing a to. Of four wheeling other than an occasional trip to the beach. I just want to add a little bit if height. <p>
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:10 PM   #2
Fire Taco Fighter has a spectacular aura aboutFire Taco Fighter has a spectacular aura about
Firefighter:
Fire Taco Fighter's Tacoma Gallery
How many inches of lift? You will need a wheel alignment
Old 01-09-2013, 07:16 PM   #3
I think it's 2 1/2" in the front and 3" in the rear but I'm not positive.

Will I need a four wheel alignment or just the front end?

Also, how difficult is it to install myself?

Thank You
Old 01-11-2013, 08:47 PM   #4
VA6DCO
IgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
IgnorantlyAlberta's Tacoma Gallery
If it is just a lift block kit you should be able to install it with ease.
The only alignment I know of is the front. Just make sure if you remove the rear u-bolts you line the bolts evenly from the left side and the right side or you will throw out your thrust and be dog tracked. (I made this mistake and the rear diff slid out about a half inch) I just loosened everything up, made it straight (measured the distance from the u-bolts to the outside edge of the lift blocks)
If you have instructions it should be fairly easy.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:52 AM   #5
Thanks for the info. All I need to know now is if I need to change my shocks or not.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:10 AM   #6
VA6DCO
IgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
IgnorantlyAlberta's Tacoma Gallery
Keep digging on here. Someone has installed those before.
I cant say for sure.