Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

CB Quick Disconnect, how?

Old 01-10-2013, 10:44 AM   #1
STRIKER TRD
akaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
akaryanreynolds's Tacoma Gallery
CB Quick Disconnect, how?

Thew a quick disconnect on my firestik yesterday and was wondering if anyone has put them above the spring before if not why? or whats the logic behind installing it below the spring?

I have it like this right now, figured that this way would save the spring from being stolen when I take off the antenna.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:50 PM   #2
mmm Tacos
Swordknives is a glorious beacon of lightSwordknives is a glorious beacon of lightSwordknives is a glorious beacon of lightSwordknives is a glorious beacon of lightSwordknives is a glorious beacon of lightSwordknives is a glorious beacon of light

Swordknives's Tacoma Gallery
I like it the way you have it. if you put it above the spring someone could steal it. also putting it above the spring would look funny with out an antenna.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:07 PM   #3
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by akaryanreynolds View Post
Thew a quick disconnect on my firestik yesterday and was wondering if anyone has put them above the spring before if not why? or whats the logic behind installing it below the spring?

I have it like this right now, figured that this way would save the spring from being stolen when I take off the antenna.
I ran one for a while. I found that it hurt my reception. It also rusted out and became a POS. I removed it and moved my mount down lower. The less hardware you have the signal going through the better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordknives View Post
I like it the way you have it. if you put it above the spring someone could steal it. also putting it above the spring would look funny with out an antenna.
No matter what you can steal the antenna. The only difference is one way you can steel the spring and the other way you can't.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:19 PM   #4
STRIKER TRD
akaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yah I was worried about reception so I bought an SWR meter going to test it out right now with the QD and see how it works for the next month along with the weather resistance. I guess we will see
Old 01-11-2013, 11:09 AM   #5
mmm Tacos
Swordknives is a glorious beacon of lightSwordknives is a glorious beacon of lightSwordknives is a glorious beacon of lightSwordknives is a glorious beacon of lightSwordknives is a glorious beacon of lightSwordknives is a glorious beacon of light

Swordknives's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
No matter what you can steal the antenna. The only difference is one way you can steel the spring and the other way you can't.
your right, bran fart on my part. i still think having it under the spring is better as when i take my antenna off I want it to look clean and flush.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:14 PM   #6
STRIKER TRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordknives View Post
your right, bran fart on my part. i still think having it under the spring is better as when i take my antenna off I want it to look clean and flush.
The cooler it looks the faster and better the truck handles too
Old 01-11-2013, 03:24 PM   #7
H Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Heather
H Bomb's Tacoma Gallery
Mine is mounted on top of the spring. No logic behind why I did it that way... Your way will look much cleaner when the antenna is disconnected though.