Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

02 Simulators and wideband o2 sensors.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:28 PM   #1
Senior Member. HA. I'm not a senior. I'm young...
Nunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shayne
Nunavut's Tacoma Gallery
02 Simulators and wideband o2 sensors.

I have a question.

I was looking at 02 simulators on urd's website and it says this.

Quote:
Be cautious of O2 sims that replace the rear O2 sensor with a falsely gererated signal.

Toyota started using a wideband type O2 sensor (air/fuel ratio) in the front position for better engine control. These wideband type sensors need to be recalibrated from time to time by the ECU. The ECU uses the rear sensors for this recalibration process. The ECU cannot properly recalibrate the wideband sensor using a falsely generated signal.
Is it a bad idea too use a 02 simulator on a vehicle for a long period of time since it prevents the wideband 02 sensor from being recalibrated properly?