Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

6 speed rev hang fix?

Old 01-11-2013, 04:57 AM   #1
Dr. Cornwallis is on a distinguished road
Dr. Cornwallis's Tacoma Gallery
6 speed rev hang fix?

I bought a 2012 six speed and I was wondering if there was a way to re tune the truck to where it will drop straight to idle? It's gotten pretty annoying and my searching hasn't gotten me anywhere.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:36 AM   #2
Special Substitute Guest Member
cintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
cintocrunch's Tacoma Gallery
If you think it's bad on the Tacoma, imagine it on a 2011 Civic Si. There is no fix for it on the Civic and afaik no fix on the Tacoma. Sorry.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:15 AM   #3
I've heard the civics rev hang is horrible. The thing that irritates me is that it's difficult (almost impossible) to shift quickly and smoothly at low rpm, you have to run the revs up to about 2300 or so to get a good shift.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:42 AM   #4
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
I've had my 2010 for about a year now, and to be honest, I don't even notice it anymore. Not sure if it's me or the truck. ...
Old 01-12-2013, 05:43 AM   #5
maineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tim
maineah's Tacoma Gallery
I don't even notice it any more just got over it I can shift mine as smooth as a automatic.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:21 PM   #6
Vstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Vstrom30's Tacoma Gallery
If the rev didn't hang like that, people would chirp the wheels all the time on shifts because the rpm would not match the next speed being selected when accelerating. The older engines did this mechanically, but the new ones have to do it with computer logic because they have the electronic throttle body. I don't think you can do anything about it.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:11 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vstrom30 View Post
If the rev didn't hang like that, people would chirp the wheels all the time on shifts because the rpm would not match the next speed being selected when accelerating. The older engines did this mechanically, but the new ones have to do it with computer logic because they have the electronic throttle body. I don't think you can do anything about it.
Both my dads 2006 GTO and mothers 2003 Jetta TDI go straight to idle. I've gotten used to it but it's weird. You mash the gas to match revs.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:47 PM   #8
Turbo45 is on a distinguished road
Turbo45's Tacoma Gallery
My 2010 6 speed is terrible for rev hang
I can deal with it and shift smooth but would prefer if the engine did what I told it to do and not whatever it feels like
any fix yet?
Old 07-22-2014, 10:55 PM   #9
RobMil is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Name: Rob
RobMil's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2014 and don't really notice the rev hang. To me it seems more like the flywheel is just heavy and still has some inertia when you initially push down the clutch.