Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

e brake question

Old 01-14-2013, 01:48 PM   #1
TACBOY is on a distinguished road
TACBOY's Tacoma Gallery
Cool e brake question

Hey guys, this may sound stupid but a first for me ,i just changed the shoes on my 07 tacoma sr5 prerunner 4x2 and i adjusted the brakes and they felt hard to my wife when the truck was off and when i went to make them self adjust in reverse the pedal dropped to normal height,but then when i went to apply the e-brake in my driveway with i a slight slope my truck just rolled forward,the truck stops fine but the e brake doesn't do to good on even a slight slope any suggestions on how to correct this little problem?? any tips would help greatly and very much appreciated since paying a dealer do fix or repair my truck is insane if i can do it myself....GOD BLESS
Old 01-15-2013, 05:14 PM   #2
Toyota Technician
Ryanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ryan
Ryanv's Tacoma Gallery
Readjust shoes, put drum on pump brakes, pull ebrake, repeat until you can only move it 3 or 4 clicks with moderate pressure