LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

09 SRS Sensor/DTC Help Needed

Old 01-18-2013, 05:45 AM   #21
Wheeling mine, back to working on everyone else's
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
dont think the water got up that high

also was it plug n play or did it have to be reprogrammed or something
Plug and play. Also I removed mine and opened it up to discover the corrosion so I knew it was toast. I would do the same before replacing it. If I recall it was two screws and pulled out of the case from one end similar to a computer "card"
Old 01-18-2013, 05:59 AM   #22
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NwiTACO View Post
Plug and play. Also I removed mine and opened it up to discover the corrosion so I knew it was toast. I would do the same before replacing it. If I recall it was two screws and pulled out of the case from one end similar to a computer "card"
i just dont see the water got that high......
im going to gut the interior again and check all the wires and such
Old 01-18-2013, 06:04 AM   #23
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i just dont see the water got that high......
im going to gut the interior again and check all the wires and such
Its only a few inches off the cab floor. Its got one or two plugs going into it, then it is literally slid onto a tab under the seat. Takes five minutes...just check it. You will be surprised, or I will buy you subway, lol.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:14 AM   #24
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

south west chicken teriyaki
Old 01-18-2013, 06:20 AM   #25
AKA ::1
127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 12th TIS
127.0.0.1's Tacoma Gallery
salt water soak ?

that thing is done

good luck but you are very likely chasing a moving target that will
continue to destroy the electrical harnesses forever

salt water high enough to get inside cab is enough to total a new vehicle,
for example, flood damaged cars...water in cab, insurance totals them
Old 01-18-2013, 06:21 AM   #26
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You've got mail. FSM.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:22 AM   #27
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Only when I see its not toast with a clear picture from your new camphone
Old 01-18-2013, 06:22 AM   #28
BIG DADDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman614 View Post
You've got mail. FSM.
trying wont open.....
i have the whole fsm but you cant reference anything
Old 01-18-2013, 06:25 AM   #29
BIG DADDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by NwiTACO View Post
Only when I see its not toast with a clear picture from your new camphone

should be taking bets
ryan thinks it is the center air bag ecm "which is another item that did not touch water"

you think its the pass side under seat module "which was not under water"

and i think it is no 2 floor wire

bets anyone bets.......

then i have to work on this yaw rate sensor problem next errrrrrr

i spent like 7 hours gathering fsm testing tech. and printing them out..
Old 01-18-2013, 06:26 AM   #30
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
trying wont open.....
i have the whole fsm but you cant reference anything
Mine has a reference HTML page. sending again.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:28 AM   #31
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Send it LOUD and sssssllllllooooowwwww so the big oaf can get it.

$10 on the pass side module

Old 01-18-2013, 06:54 AM   #32
BIG DADDY

Quote:
yea got it still cant open dont have a program
tried to downlod one wants to much info and such
im bailing on that one
thanks tho
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Send it LOUD and sssssllllllooooowwwww so the big oaf can get it.

$10 on the pass side module

i will take your $10 and buy more subway
just dont see how it can be a module that WAS NOT TOUCHING WATER......
hell i vacuumed the water out of the yaw rate sensor and all associated wiring on floor.....
Old 01-18-2013, 07:00 AM   #33
LRGRNR

Quote:
im bailing on that one
thanks tho
What don't you get? Mediafire's website or 7zip. Both are free and don't want any info from you.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:04 AM   #34
BIG DADDY

Quote:
What don't you get? Mediafire's website or 7zip. Both are free and don't want any info from you.
no idea downloaded it
i have the zip file no way to open it tried....
2 programs online wanted email...changing my security settings....cant do all that on this computer....
its ok
i got the fsm from another in pdf format but its all like 0470012 which i need to go through and relabel them or something
fing toyo making them take this shit down is stupid.....
Old 01-18-2013, 07:25 AM   #35
LRGRNR

Quote:
no idea downloaded it
i have the zip file no way to open it tried....
2 programs online wanted email...changing my security settings....cant do all that on this computer....
its ok
i got the fsm from another in pdf format but its all like 0470012 which i need to go through and relabel them or something
fing toyo making them take this shit down is stupid.....
Here is the HTML reference pages. It's a normal windows zip file, you shouldn't have any problem there. The links may not work but you can open the pages in a text editor and match up @#$@#$.pdf with a name. Best way to do it is open it in a text editor and look at the file structure and create the right folders for your files. Whichever way you can manage it though.

Shouldn't be a problem with Toyo or TW to distribute these because you already have the files, mods correct me if I'm wrong.
Attached Files
File Type: zip reference.zip (20.8 KB, 5 views)
Old 01-18-2013, 10:21 AM   #36
BIG DADDY

:g oingcrazy::goi ngcrazy:
way over my head
Old 01-18-2013, 12:33 PM   #37
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
im bailing on that one
thanks tho

i will take your $10 and buy more subway
just dont see how it can be a module that WAS NOT TOUCHING WATER......
hell i vacuumed the water out of the yaw rate sensor and all associated wiring on floor.....
Module doesn't have to touch water directly, only indirectly.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:00 PM   #38
BIG DADDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Module doesn't have to touch water directly, only indirectly.
huh?????

also will a truck run without a yaw rate sensor?
Old 01-18-2013, 02:34 PM   #39
BIG DADDY

ok so removed center console today and checked center air bag ecm
result it was well above the high tide line......

removed the pass seat occupancy detector ecm
result it was well above water line as well

so im leaning toward mabye corrosion in the # 2 floor wire or some connections
as well as a possable selt belt tensioner

i will remove all connections on sunday and start tracking things down with jumpers and testers as per fsm

looks like a side air bag something might be low around kick panels too...
im thinking if they are showing open that might throw the code as well
also am going to try n restet n clear the codes then readf them again...

im also going to remove the yaw rate sensor because im sure thats going to explode one day...
question can i drive truck without one?

thanks for all the help guyz.....
its not going to be a fast fix but i will get it with a lil help from uz all
Old 01-18-2013, 03:44 PM   #40
Toyota Technician
Ryanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ryan
Ryanv's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have any friends with a similar truck? Try swapping the center air bag ecu