Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

09 SRS Sensor/DTC Help Needed

Old 01-18-2013, 04:17 PM   #41
Toyota Technician
Ryanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ryan
Ryanv's Tacoma Gallery
#2 floor wire is a straight shot to the side air bag sensor, no splices or connections in the middle if anything the side air bag sensor is shot. But you dont have a code for side airbag sensor so that is ruled out. However if you want to test it you need to disconnect the battery then connector s11 at the side airbag sensor and a22 on the center air bag sensor (yellow 15 pin connector) put a jumper wire on side airbag sensor side between pin 4 (green) and pin 3(red) and test for resistance on ecu side pin 8 (green) 15 (red) needs to be less than 1 ohm or you have an open. Remove jumper wire and test for short measure same pins must be 1 mega ohm meter should say oL. Next check for short to ground pin 8 ecu side to ground should be oL and pin 15 to ground should be oL. Hook up battery BOTH connectors still DISCONNECTED ignition on check for voltage to pin 8 to ground and 15 to ground should be 0V spec is less than 1V. Make sure to disconnect battery again before reconnecting plugs.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:34 PM   #42
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Chicken teriyaki headed ur way
Old 01-19-2013, 05:59 AM   #43
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
ok im pulling the trigger on a new yaw rate sensor
question
its a denso 89183-60020 12v yaw rate sensor 174500-5430

the one i have is same as above but 5431.....
i cant find any info on this at all.....

seller says manufacturer part # is 886082 and interchange part # is 591-69071

any help would be great.....
seems all the denso numbers i enter come back to the 5430...only one i can find 5431 is overseas?

seller states this is correct for my truck.......
Old 01-19-2013, 01:40 PM   #44
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bump
Old 01-19-2013, 01:41 PM   #45
Toyota Technician
Ryanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Ryanv's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry man can't help you with that one
Old 01-20-2013, 01:47 PM   #46
BIG DADDY

UPDATE

OK took out whole interior and checked every connection i could find and water like was no more then 2" in cab.."you can tell by things that have corrosion and staining"
yaw rate sensor was under..."but plug was water tight and sensor itself sealed very very well"

i just bought a used one of ebay today to try that out......

next looked into all seat position sensors and inner and outer seat belt tensioners....

none were under at all and all connections are good
checked all grounding wires everywhere all are good....

what i did find is these things

...one on each side in center pillar floor area "these were under" for sure all connections look water tight and all pins and such have no corrosion or signs of water
now the sensor or whatever it is looks like its not sealed and there didn't seem to be a way to open to check.......
im assuming that these are some type of side impact sensor.....but im unsure

im at a loss here put everything back together and cleared dtc's and light was off for 10 secs....then same 5 codes
wondering if these senors are shorting out ciruit on pass and driver and causing all the codes or its related to yaw rate sensor.... or something else......

i guess my next option is to remove all connections and break out the tester and test each and every component.....
i just really thought it would have to be something that took on water......i mean screws that were half under were corroded to hell already..
any other input is always welcomed.....
last resort is learn how to open dash and put tape over light
on the bright side i have the cleanest center console since the day i bought it.

mods can u please change thread title to something like ABS/SRS? YAW RATE Sensor HELP NEEDED
Old 01-20-2013, 01:52 PM   #47
Toyota Technician
Ryanv's Tacoma Gallery
Yaw rate sensor has nothing to do with srs, the sensor that was under water is a side impact sensor swap them left right and see if a code changes. Also clean off ALL ground points that were under water.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:53 PM   #48
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
X2 side impact sensor
Old 01-20-2013, 02:00 PM   #49
BIG DADDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanv View Post
Yaw rate sensor has nothing to do with srs, the sensor that was under water is a side impact sensor swap them left right and see if a code changes. Also clean off ALL ground points that were under water.
will do i just put her all back together..i will swap them out tomm and try again...
i believe there is 2 more of them somewhere i think..i have to look into that..the back end of truck was deeper so im thinking they might of went under as well if they are low....

and i took out every ground i could find scuffed them and surfaces and wire wheeled all bolts and wire brushed bolt holes.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
X2 side impact sensor

thanks happy
Old 01-20-2013, 02:09 PM   #50
Toyota Technician
Ryanv's Tacoma Gallery
If you have a dc you will have 2 more behind the back doors
Old 01-20-2013, 02:10 PM   #51
BIG DADDY

yes i have a double cab i looked up about as far as i could see..but i will check better tomm...
maybe they are behind seat in cubby hole thing? idk i going to look into it tonight....
Old 01-21-2013, 10:31 AM   #52
BIG DADDY

UPDATE
just tried switching the side air bag sensors
then tried the reset
then scanned and it has the same 5 codes
errrrrrrrrrr

i looked for the rear air bag sensors and could not find them....
i followed the wire loom and looks like it terminates at the rear selt belt tensioners.....
will need to gut the area behind my seats i guess and keep looking thats a project in itself
Old 01-21-2013, 11:28 AM   #53
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
PM me ur paypal for subway $$$.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:17 PM   #54
BIG DADDY

send me your airbag components instead
Old 01-28-2013, 05:23 AM   #55
BIG DADDY

I have not recieved your airbag module as of yet
Did you have tracking on it
Old 01-28-2013, 03:17 PM   #56
Toyota Technician
Ryanv's Tacoma Gallery
Did you find the rear impact sensors? They are behind the drum, need to remove seats, and all trim to get to them.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:14 PM   #57
BIG DADDY

Quote:
Did you find the rear impact sensors? They are behind the drum, need to remove seats, and all trim to get to them.
where are they located?
i have all the trim off i cant even find the wire going to them after the rear seat belt tensinoer
Old 01-28-2013, 06:39 PM   #58
Toyota Technician
Ryanv's Tacoma Gallery
They should be behind the rear side trim panels. Never need to look for them just going by the repair manual.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:33 PM   #59
BIG DADDY

Quote:
They should be behind the rear side trim panels. Never need to look for them just going by the repair manual.
i have the rear side panel out and i cant see them.....
hell i don't even think the wire extends past the seat belt tensioner....
but i have not looked as good as i should have... i have lots of crap in the back plus weather been crappy
but i will be digging back in when i have some time and its decent out
Old 05-01-2013, 04:55 AM   #60
BIG DADDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
So i have decided it might be worth the $47 to try n fix the srs system in my truck Here goes nothing
so does anyone know how one might try n test the squibs.....now that all is apart?
i hear the power from the multi meter can set off an airbag even tho battery is disconnected.....
maybe test the ohms values of air bag sensors....
anyone have any values on them?
any help would be app...