Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

09 SRS Sensor/DTC Help Needed

Old 05-01-2013, 06:51 AM   #61
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
so does anyone know how one might try n test the squibs.....now that all is apart?
i hear the power from the multi meter can set off an airbag even tho battery is disconnected.....
maybe test the ohms values of air bag sensors....
anyone have any values on them?
any help would be app...
Ok got that
Now just looking for how to test just the sensor
Old 05-01-2013, 07:25 AM   #62
jrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Scott
jrzyshore's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
Ok got that
Now just looking for how to test just the sensor
Any luck?

I am not positive but if you could get somebody withe a computer they should be able to test that for you.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:34 AM   #63
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrzyshore View Post
Any luck?

I am not positive but if you could get somebody withe a computer they should be able to test that for you.
No not yet been standing online for an hour so far to get my 2 nd beach permit
Got to have priorities

But i had a guy nj636 try his computer
And it said it could not communicate with my truck
But yet i can use the paperclip method and pull all the codes
What i have figured out is all 5 have the control module as the common denominator
So for $47 im going for it
But would like to know if sensors are bad as the 2 side airbag sensors were under
But they are sealed nice
All conectors are beautiful
So who knows
Old 05-01-2013, 05:48 PM   #64
Toyota Technician
Ryanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ryan
Ryanv's Tacoma Gallery
DO NOT test resistance in the srs system that is connected to a squib or airbag that is what will set air bags off. Ohms are basically tested by sending a voltage from your meter and reading what comes back.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:11 PM   #65
BIG DADDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanv View Post
DO NOT test resistance in the srs system that is connected to a squib or airbag that is what will set air bags off. Ohms are basically tested by sending a voltage from your meter and reading what comes back.
I was going to check all systems as the references in my first post
As per fsm
I sent out the center module to get checked / reset
It didnt not take on any water
Old 05-04-2013, 09:08 PM   #66
BIG DADDY

Hey ryan
I just sent out the center srs module to be cleared or reset
They just informed me its all good to go
And should be here monday
Should i just plug it in n see what happens
Or should i test each squib and such as per fsm
As to not throw another code
I have inspected all wiring n such
I see nothing as in major components that got wet as in belt tensioners and such
Thanks
Old 05-05-2013, 09:29 AM   #67
Toyota Technician
Ryanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Ryanv's Tacoma Gallery
If you have check all wires that are related to the codes you have and are all in spec all you can do is plug it in and hope for the best. Do all the female pins look tight free from corrosion? Is this a new or know good center sensor? There is no way to safely test squibs the FSM recommends borrowing know good parts for diag.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:30 PM   #68
BIG DADDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanv View Post
If you have check all wires that are related to the codes you have and are all in spec all you can do is plug it in and hope for the best. Do all the female pins look tight free from corrosion? Is this a new or know good center sensor? There is no way to safely test squibs the FSM recommends borrowing know good parts for diag.
No signs of any corrosion anyplace
Same center module just had it reset or cleared and checked out by air bag company
Guess i will find out soon
Thanks for all your help
Rep your way when i get home
Old 05-06-2013, 05:56 PM   #69
BIG DADDY

update

thanks ryan for all your help you have been great
i re installed the srs module after i got it back from myairbags.com $47 with shipping had it back in 3 days
light is off and i believe all is well......

i also installed a new yaw rate sensor.....
which i need to calibrate using the zero point calibration method....with jumper wire
as soon as i can find a level area.....
Old 05-06-2013, 08:00 PM   #70
Toyota Technician
Ryanv's Tacoma Gallery
Glad you finally got it sorted out
Old 05-06-2013, 09:25 PM   #71
BIG DADDY

Woot me too
Should have done that first
Old 11-07-2013, 06:49 PM   #72
BIG DADDY

UPDATE
EVERYTHING IS STILL A OK
THANKS AGAIN RYAN......