Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

09 SRS Sensor/DTC Help Needed

Old 01-16-2013, 09:58 PM   #1
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
09 SRS Sensor/DTC Help Needed

yaw rate sensor is bad went under water
is this a direct replacement or does new one have to be programmed by a dealership?
any advice is appreciated
09 tacoma
part # is toyo 89183-60020
denso part # 174500-5431
12v

thanks
Old 01-16-2013, 10:14 PM   #2
Toyota Technician
Ryanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ryan
Ryanv's Tacoma Gallery
It can be cleared and calibrated using a jumper wire. You need to find a service manual and look under brake control: vehicle stability control calibration. Or find someone that has posted zero point calibration after lift and alignment
Old 01-16-2013, 10:21 PM   #3
Toyota Technician
Ryanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Ryanv's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.toyota120.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17490
Old 01-17-2013, 06:15 AM   #4
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thanks ryan
Old 01-17-2013, 01:36 PM   #5
BIG DADDY

ok so i did the jumper wire blink test
and i came up with 5 trouble codes

1st-----31 = Center Airbag Sensor Assembly Malfunction
which i assume is just caused by the other trouble codes being thrown "correct?"

http://share.qclt.com/%E4%B8%B0%E7%9...tem/043006.pdf

2nd--------35 = Seat Position Airbag Sensor Circuit Malfunction
no idea where or what this is ?

http://share.qclt.com/%E4%B8%B0%E7%9...em/0430021.pdf

3rd ---------37 = Driver Side Seat Belt Buckle Switch Circuit Malfunction
looking into this
http://www.customtacos.com/tech/file...ta/0470012.pdf

4th --------55 = DTC B1820/55 Short in Driver Side - Side Squib Circuit
DTC B1821/55 Open in Driver Side - Side Squib Circuit
DTC B1822/55 Short to GND in Driver Side - Side Squib Circuit
DTC B1823/55 Short to B+ in Driver Side - Side Squib Circuit

unsure what this is wiring maybe???
http://www.purefjcruiser.com/docs/20...em/0340031.pdf

5th -------56 = DTC B1825/56 SHORT IN SIDE SQUIB (P SEAT SIDE)
CIRCUIT
DTC B1826/56 OPEN IN SIDE SQUIB (P SEAT SIDE)
CIRCUIT
DTC B1827/56 SHORT IN SIDE SQUIB (P SEAT SIDE)
CIRCUIT (TO GROUND)
DTC B1828/56 SHORT IN SIDE SQUIB (P SEAT SIDE)
CIRCUIT (TO B+)

unsure of ?
http://tijil.org/Scion_Docs/05_tC_Sh...m/cib18255.pdf

mind you truck was under a few inches of salt water.....in cab
Old 01-17-2013, 01:42 PM   #6
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
ok so i did the jumper wire blink test
and i came up with 5 trouble codes

1st-----31 = Center Airbag Sensor Assembly Malfunction
which i assume is just caused by the other trouble codes being thrown "correct?"

http://share.qclt.com/%E4%B8%B0%E7%9...tem/043006.pdf

2nd--------35 = Seat Position Airbag Sensor Circuit Malfunction
no idea where or what this is ?
Maybe under the passenger seat, to tell if someone is sitting there.

http://share.qclt.com/%E4%B8%B0%E7%9...em/0430021.pdf

3rd ---------37 = Driver Side Seat Belt Buckle Switch Circuit Malfunction
looking into this
http://www.customtacos.com/tech/file...ta/0470012.pdf

4th --------55 = DTC B1820/55 Short in Driver Side - Side Squib Circuit
DTC B1821/55 Open in Driver Side - Side Squib Circuit
DTC B1822/55 Short to GND in Driver Side - Side Squib Circuit
DTC B1823/55 Short to B+ in Driver Side - Side Squib Circuit

unsure what this is wiring maybe???
It's your spiral cable in the steering wheel. There is a recall for it. Might fix the others first so they don't blame you for submerging your truck.
http://www.purefjcruiser.com/docs/20...em/0340031.pdf

5th -------56 = DTC B1825/56 SHORT IN SIDE SQUIB (P SEAT SIDE)
CIRCUIT
DTC B1826/56 OPEN IN SIDE SQUIB (P SEAT SIDE)
CIRCUIT
DTC B1827/56 SHORT IN SIDE SQUIB (P SEAT SIDE)
CIRCUIT (TO GROUND)
DTC B1828/56 SHORT IN SIDE SQUIB (P SEAT SIDE)
CIRCUIT (TO B+)

unsure of ?
passenger side, squib seems to be the wiring associated with the airbag itself. Similar to the Squib circuit spiral cable in the steering wheel.
http://tijil.org/Scion_Docs/05_tC_Sh...m/cib18255.pdf

mind you truck was under a few inches of salt water.....in cab
^^ in red
Old 01-17-2013, 01:44 PM   #7
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Occupant detection computer, under passenger seat. Said that the day she went under...just sayin.

Hope you get this squared away. I would wager this takes care of a few of your codes.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:53 PM   #8
BIG DADDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by NwiTACO View Post
Occupant detection computer, under passenger seat. Said that the day she went under...just sayin.

Hope you get this squared away. I would wager this takes care of a few of your codes.
I dont see no sensor under pass seat....on the floor
Guess I will pull seats and check

I thought for sure it was the yaw rate sensor as I vacumed it out of a puddle
Old 01-17-2013, 01:59 PM   #9
BIG DADDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman614 View Post
^^ in red
Dont think it has anything to do with the spiral cable as this happened the day it went under
Old 01-17-2013, 02:21 PM   #10
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
I dont see no sensor under pass seat....on the floor
Guess I will pull seats and check

I thought for sure it was the yaw rate sensor as I vacumed it out of a puddle
Its a black box maybe 3"X4"x1/2" thick mounted to the under side of the seat. Mine was toast after I went under. Fixed everything when I changed it.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:09 PM   #11
BIG DADDY

Quote:
Its a black box maybe 3"X4"x1/2" thick mounted to the under side of the seat. Mine was toast after I went under. Fixed everything when I changed it.
dont think the water got up that high

also was it plug n play or did it have to be reprogrammed or something
Old 01-17-2013, 05:35 PM   #12
Toyota Technician
Ryanv's Tacoma Gallery
Can you get the actual codes from the vehicle with a scan tool?
Old 01-17-2013, 05:44 PM   #13
jrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Scott
jrzyshore's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanv View Post
I think Scott tried that but couldn't get anything.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:50 PM   #14
BIG DADDY

Quote:
dont have a scan tool but did the jumper wire / blink test and came up with codes

which from what i have been reading looks like floor wire #2 and maybe inner belt sensor.....
Old 01-17-2013, 05:53 PM   #15
BIG DADDY

and i am thinking my yaw rate sensor is a complete separate issue?
need to find a way to test it
i know it has a problem when it detects wheel slip
Old 01-17-2013, 05:53 PM   #16
Toyota Technician
Ryanv's Tacoma Gallery
give me 5 min to look into this.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:02 PM   #17
Toyota Technician
Ryanv's Tacoma Gallery
From the codes you have provided with out a scan tool to get actual codes, and without actualy touching the truck it looks like it will be your center airbag sensor assy. Going through the diag trouble code flow chart the only thing that all those codes have in common is the airbag ecu under your center console. I would start with that it is plug and go.

For the yaw rate sensor try to clear the calibration and recalibrate before changing it.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:12 PM   #18
BIG DADDY

Quote:
From the codes you have provided with out a scan tool to get actual codes, and without actualy touching the truck it looks like it will be your center airbag sensor assy. Going through the diag trouble code flow chart the only thing that all those codes have in common is the airbag ecu under your center console. I would start with that it is plug and go.

For the yaw rate sensor try to clear the calibration and recalibrate before changing it.
thanks for all the help
its just that i know the air bag ecu did not go under the water.....
but i think i am going to get one anyway.....
tomm i might pull the seats and console and investigate further....
Old 01-17-2013, 06:45 PM   #19
Toyota Technician
Ryanv's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

None of the codes relate to this ecu. if IGN 15A and IG1 10A fuse are ok it points to center airbag sensor
Old 01-17-2013, 07:13 PM   #20
BIG DADDY

here was the blink code test
http://youtu.be/gl9xAMDHhBo