Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Instrument Lighting

Old 01-17-2013, 05:25 PM   #1
z00karya is on a distinguished road
Name: Tommy
z00karya's Tacoma Gallery
Instrument Lighting

I have a 2001 Tacoma 4 door with the TRD package. The lighting on the climate control temperature knob and setting selector (defrost, defrost w/ feet, AC etc) have been out for years. Does anyone know the process for changing them? I can get the parts but heard those bulbs are hard to change. Anyone out there done it before?
Old 01-17-2013, 05:47 PM   #2
Toyota Technician
Ryanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ryan
Ryanv's Tacoma Gallery
They aren't too bad, remove trim, heater control assy, pry off knobs, there are 5 screws that hold the box together you will see the 3 small bulbs once you get it apart. Use a screw driver to turn the bulbs to the left and they should come out.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:27 AM   #3
z00karya is on a distinguished road
Name: Tommy
z00karya's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, I'm getting the bulbs next week from the dealer and will get it done. It sounds easy enough.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:35 AM   #4
DGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Friend
DGXR's Tacoma Gallery
Instrument Lighting

Sorry I can't help you but I am in a good mood today so enjoy some Friday humor. Good luck with the lights