Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Results from the ECGS front diff bearing replacement?

Old 01-28-2013, 06:08 AM   #1
smartmonkey is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard:
smartmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Results from the ECGS front diff bearing replacement?

Hey Folks. After troubleshooting the vibration in two wheel and then 4WD. I have narrowed it down to the out of clearance bearing on the driver side front diff. the CV shaft is sloppy at the diff as well. For those who opted to replace the needle bearing with the east coast gear supply bushing, Has this cleared up the cyclical groan/vibe. Has toyota elected to recognized the forums findings as of now? Im planning on addressing this problem... 2011 tacoma AC w 30k.Vibes since 28K. Thanx in advance
Old 01-28-2013, 11:42 AM   #2
Gregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gregman's Tacoma Gallery
I changed the bearing to the ECGS bushing and still had some groaning noise. Then I changed both front wheel bearings and the noise is completely gone. That was more than 10,000 miles ago.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...on-thread.html
Old 01-29-2013, 11:55 AM   #3
Hub Master General
nj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kev
nj636's Tacoma Gallery
I had a front end noise but it was wheel bearings. I did the ECGS bushing because the CV was very sloppy.

End result, noise was from the wheel bearings. Everyone I have read about with the noise in 2WD but goes away in 4HI is the needle bearing.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:22 PM   #4
ms4x4outlaws is on a distinguished road

Name: Darren
ms4x4outlaws's Tacoma Gallery
happy with my ecgs bushing! not hard to do if you have the right tools...
Old 02-03-2013, 10:25 PM   #5
smt328 is on a distinguished road
smt328's Tacoma Gallery
ECGS Needle Bearing Replacement

New to the blog...Many thanks to all who provided input on the problem of vibrations. I picked up a very noticeable but intermittent vibration at 60,000 miles. Although I had a leveling kit installed at about 10,000 miles, I never had a problem until the 60,000 service was done with all the recommended services associated with off road use. The source of the vibration was difficult for the service techs to identify but based on your members comments and the ECGS video that followed, it was determined that the likely source was the needle bearing on the left side of the front diff. The original Toyota part was replaced with the ECGS part and the vibration has been completely eliminated. Thanks again for sharing your experiences.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:45 PM   #6
Hummingbird
Foihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Danny
Foihdzas's Tacoma Gallery
I am happy with the ECGS bushing. I have a full 3" lift, with the vibe in 2wd. 4wd it went away. Replaced the needle bearing, and BOOM. Problem solved. I only have 2-3k km on the bushing as of now.