Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Blower motor draining battery??

Old 01-28-2013, 12:49 PM   #1
sormi is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Radio Repair
sormi's Tacoma Gallery
Blower motor draining battery??

My 2008 Tacoma Blower motor stopped working on me last week. I checked fuses etc. all looked good. Next day I went out and the battery was dead. I charged the battery and fired up the motor. Alternator putting out 13.9vdc. The fan started working for a day. I went out this morning and banged on the motor. It started running again. So I came in and took a 2 hour nap went back out and the battery is dead again. Any Ideas on what might be draining the battery??? I put my hand around the motor coil to see if it was hot but it was cool. I would think any thing draining a battery in two hours would be a little warm? Do you think the resistor might be shorting out??
Old 01-28-2013, 04:54 PM   #2
P9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Steve
P9HST2's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like the contacts on your heater relay may be bad. If they're burnt and pitted it could cause both symptoms you describe, blower not working, and sticking on to drain the battery.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:00 PM   #3
"Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"
Bobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
How old is your battery? Maybe the blower has a check that keeps it from using power if there's a charging system issue? I'm just guessing here, but with all of the computerized crap on these trucks it wouldn't surprise me.