LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Small leak, please help me identify

Old 01-29-2013, 05:42 PM   #1
nammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nam
nammer's Tacoma Gallery
Small leak, please help me identify

Hi, I was wondering if someone could tell me what is causing this leak, and what type of fluid it is? atf? oil? it's actually worse than it looks, i touched a drop of it, so you can't really see it pooling anymore

thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Small leak, please help me identify-cimg7103.jpg  
Old 01-29-2013, 05:48 PM   #3
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Don't see a leak. Can you specify where you believe it to be? If you are referring to the grease slung from the u- joint, that is normal. Don't forget to grease the u- joints about every other oil change or sooner.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:54 PM   #4
nammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nammer's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the quick replies guys, yea it's a prerunner, there is a small pool of something here, it seems like oil to me, yea it doesn't seem like much in the picture, but i just wiped it with my finger, so the drop is gone
Attached Thumbnails
Small leak, please help me identify-cimg7103.jpg  
Old 01-29-2013, 05:56 PM   #6
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
stupid seal BS..............toyota upgraded it a few yrs ago....
Old 01-29-2013, 06:02 PM   #8

nammer's Tacoma Gallery
yea it's the first time i noticed it, i gotta keep a better eye on it, i know my sisters car is leaking in the driveway, i always check near the oil pan, so this could be contributing to the mess
Old 01-29-2013, 06:18 PM   #9

nammer's Tacoma Gallery
i'm prob a retard, it could just be grease and dirt, and I just washed the car, so maybe the dirt/grease got wet, I'm gonna drive it around and keep an eye on it, here's a better pic of it, and I just wiped it off

thanks a lot guys!
Attached Thumbnails
Small leak, please help me identify-cimg7108.jpg   Small leak, please help me identify-cimg7110.jpg  
Old 01-31-2013, 04:16 PM   #10

nammer's Tacoma Gallery
just wanted to update u guys, doesn't look like any of the wetness has come back, so it prob wasn't even leaking, thanks for all your help guys, TW is awesome