1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My Suggestion to Toyota

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Kenobe, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Jan 31, 2013 at 12:38 PM
    Kenobe

Kenobe [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Sport
    I recently remembered hanging out with my uncle back when I was a kid. He had a big, old Chevy delivery truck that had a 2-speed differential. I thought, wouldn't that be cool to put in smaller trucks so you can choose rear-end gearing for hauling or highway use (and possible MPGs?)?

I left feedback on the Toyota.com website and got a response, pretty quickly:

"We wish to express our appreciation for your interest in our products and would like to thank you for taking the time to email us.

Due to the possibility of conflict between developments from within the Toyota organizations and ideas submitted by interested persons, it is our policy not to accept unsolicited suggestions for new products, inventions, patents or testimonials.

While we regret that we are unable to use your suggestion, we appreciate your enthusiasm and loyalty for Toyota."

So, eff your idea, Ken :rolleyes: But, If I hear of them using 2-speed diffs in the future I'ma sue!

2. Feb 1, 2013 at 6:15 PM
    Vstrom30

Vstrom30 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Midwest
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma Access Cab 4x4
    Sound like one of their generic answers for sure. You can enjoy your 2 speed transfer case while you are waiting for them to use your idea, unless you don't have a t-case.

3. Feb 1, 2013 at 7:12 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    IOTW:
    NIH

Not
    Invented
    Here

Products Discussed in

To Top