Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

My Suggestion to Toyota

Old 01-31-2013, 01:38 PM   #1
Kenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: MSgt (Retired)
Name: Ken
Kenobe's Tacoma Gallery
My Suggestion to Toyota

I recently remembered hanging out with my uncle back when I was a kid. He had a big, old Chevy delivery truck that had a 2-speed differential. I thought, wouldn't that be cool to put in smaller trucks so you can choose rear-end gearing for hauling or highway use (and possible MPGs?)?

I left feedback on the Toyota.com website and got a response, pretty quickly:

"We wish to express our appreciation for your interest in our products and would like to thank you for taking the time to email us.

Due to the possibility of conflict between developments from within the Toyota organizations and ideas submitted by interested persons, it is our policy not to accept unsolicited suggestions for new products, inventions, patents or testimonials.

While we regret that we are unable to use your suggestion, we appreciate your enthusiasm and loyalty for Toyota."

So, eff your idea, Ken But, If I hear of them using 2-speed diffs in the future I'ma sue!
Old 02-01-2013, 07:15 PM   #2
Vstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Vstrom30's Tacoma Gallery
Sound like one of their generic answers for sure. You can enjoy your 2 speed transfer case while you are waiting for them to use your idea, unless you don't have a t-case.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:12 PM   #3
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
IOTW:
NIH

Not
Invented
Here