LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Body Drain Plugs

Old 02-01-2013, 02:39 PM   #1
Doublee is on a distinguished road
Doublee's Tacoma Gallery
Body Drain Plugs

Well here goes,I have 06 access cab, I can hear water sloshing with ice when it is cold coming from rear or sides of cab.I have checked doors and no water. All I can think of it being is cab body.Removed plugs from under rocker panel and no water comes out. Are there any other drain plugs that could be clogged retaining water? Thanks for any Help or suggestions.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:43 PM   #2
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting?....I didnt even know our trucks had drain plugs.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:46 PM   #3
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doublee View Post
Well here goes,I have 06 access cab, I can hear water sloshing with ice when it is cold coming from rear or sides of cab.I have checked doors and no water. All I can think of it being is cab body.Removed plugs from under rocker panel and no water comes out. Are there any other drain plugs that could be clogged retaining water? Thanks for any Help or suggestions.

I have an 08 AC.....same model as yours. I have had it under water plenty of times. I have had the interior out a couple times after getting water in the cab so I could clean it and seal it better. From my experience I have no idea where water would be held in those areas.

I'm pretty sure if water was being retained by any engineering snafu I would of found it by now, but who knows.

How did you gain access to the rocker plugs? I removed all of mine and sealed them with DOW 795 before putting them back in, but I had the interior gutted.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:48 PM   #4
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Interesting?....I didnt even know our trucks had drain plugs.

not so sure they are drain plugs.... I actually have no idea why they are there. They do save time running wires from the cab to the bed though
Old 02-01-2013, 02:55 PM   #5
Doublee's Tacoma Gallery
Drain

It is between outside of cab and inside panel.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:58 PM   #6
Doublee's Tacoma Gallery
Drain

Rubber plugs are underneath rocker panel.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:09 PM   #7
BDUF#

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting......

You ever hose out your front cab mounts?
Old 02-01-2013, 03:18 PM   #8
Doublee's Tacoma Gallery
no, would not know where to look! Did not even know about that.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:22 PM   #9
BDUF#

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doublee View Post
no, would not know where to look! Did not even know about that.
It wouldn't hold water in there, but in the same region is the drain for what I assume is the rocker.

cab mount is the black mount coming out from the frame 90* (above the jackstand)

I can't for the life of me figure out where water would be especially if you pulled the plugs.

I need to wash my truck this weekend to get rid of the salt and mud so Ill take a good look to see where any water could be hiding in yours.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:14 PM   #10
Doublee's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for info, I will check that tommrow. Great pics also!
Old 02-03-2013, 12:17 PM   #11
Doublee's Tacoma Gallery
Drain Plugs

After spending a couple of hours removing plugs I found the problem! Nerf tube steps on right side was half full of water. Removed end cap and water flooded out along with some ice. Thanks for all replies and suggestions!
Old 02-03-2013, 12:38 PM   #12
fixnfly is a glorious beacon of lightfixnfly is a glorious beacon of lightfixnfly is a glorious beacon of lightfixnfly is a glorious beacon of lightfixnfly is a glorious beacon of lightfixnfly is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Mike
fixnfly's Tacoma Gallery
It might be a good idea to add some drain holes on the bottom.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:14 PM   #13
Doublee's Tacoma Gallery
That was my line of thinking, might drill a couple in the plastic end caps.