Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

viper remote start/alarm.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:54 PM   #1
tacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud of

tacomalimited's Tacoma Gallery
viper remote start/alarm.

I want to get a Viper remote start with alarm. I have the theft deterrent engine immobilizer, I have heard some people say that you have to give up a key in order for the alarm/remote start to work. I don't want to do that. Is there any other way around it? What if I just got an alarm, would I still need to give up a key? Thanx!
Old 02-02-2013, 03:59 PM   #2
Toyota Technician
Ryanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ryan
Ryanv's Tacoma Gallery
Shops that need to use a key are hacks dei and other company's make bypass modules that copy the code in the key to use when the starter commands the truck to start
Old 02-02-2013, 04:03 PM   #3
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
sub. never heard of having to lose a key.:cunfused:
Old 02-02-2013, 04:07 PM   #4
Toyota Technician
Ryanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Ryanv's Tacoma Gallery
Dei/vipers version http://www.xpresskit.com/product.aspx?productid=461
Old 02-02-2013, 04:42 PM   #5
tacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud of

Thanks Ryanv, I was looking at the link you posted, and, I clicked on the compatability chart for a 2013 tacoma, and, I noticed there were 2 options, 1 for tacoma (which they had) and 1 for a tacoma with a "g" key(which they don't have) what is a "g"key? Do I have one? I have the factory theft deterrent immobilizer, is that a "g"key?actually, I just noticed, my key does have a "g" on it. Does this mean it won't work?
Old 02-02-2013, 05:10 PM   #6
Toyota Technician
Ryanv's Tacoma Gallery
If you have a "g" stamped on your key that bypass may not work. Buy a compustar the blade works on the g key tacoma. I have a compustar and it works great, but doesn't have all the add ons that you can get with viper.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:19 PM   #7
Toyota Technician
Ryanv's Tacoma Gallery
Ok I was wrong you can use the pkall and install same way as a 2011 g key
Install http://www.xpresskit.com/DocumentDow...irmwareid=1636
Module http://www.xpresskit.com/product.aspx?productid=196
I would still personally go with a compustar their bypass functions better with the new toyotas.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:31 PM   #8

Thanks. I really want a Viper, hopefully the pkall works. Damn g key!!!! Grrrrr!!!
Old 02-02-2013, 05:44 PM   #9
Toyota Technician
Ryanv's Tacoma Gallery
I don't do many installs at work we have 1 tech that does them all, only ones I do are the compustar I can talk to our installer Monday and get back to you but looking on 12volt source someone has recently done a 13 using a pkall install as a 2011 with 11 firmware
Old 02-02-2013, 07:40 PM   #10

Thank you. I would appreciate any information you can give me on it.Let me know what you find out,my truck is a 2013 thanks again!
Old 02-04-2013, 06:54 PM   #11
Toyota Technician
Ryanv's Tacoma Gallery
Talked to the installer today, the best bypass for the tacoma is the idatalink http://www.idatalink.com/search/sear...ehicle_id=9149
Old 02-05-2013, 05:24 PM   #12

Thanx!That works with the Viper, right? I wonder why Viper don't make one to work with the Toyota "g"key!
Old 02-05-2013, 06:08 PM   #13
Toyota Technician
Ryanv's Tacoma Gallery
The is what we use on all remote starts, compustar you plug the blade into the brain, all others you need the box and wire it in.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:13 PM   #14
pequeno keeblero
El Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
El Taco Sucio's Tacoma Gallery
I used the DBALL Expesskit on my 2013 with the G key. Not a fun install, so if you are not an experienced installer... It's not going to be easy and even if you are an experienced installer, it sucks.

http://www.xpresskit.com/product.aspx?productid=461
**WARNING*** The DBALL needs to be flashed for your vehicle. You can't do this yourself and will need the seller or shop to do it.

PS. I believe all new Tacoma's are G keys now.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:01 PM   #15

Thanx for all your help! Thinking I might have it installed! Probably going to cost me a fortune though!
Old 02-06-2013, 03:07 PM   #16
BostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
BostonBilly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanv View Post
I don't do many installs at work we have 1 tech that does them all, only ones I do are the compustar I can talk to our installer Monday and get back to you but looking on 12volt source someone has recently done a 13 using a pkall install as a 2011 with 11 firmware
Sorry for the Thread Highjack but which do you like better and recommend
Old 02-06-2013, 03:39 PM   #17
Toyota Technician
Ryanv's Tacoma Gallery
I had a viper 5902 in my old car, it worked well, has a lot more add on features, but a little bit more money. I have a compustar p2w901 in my taco, seem to get a bit more range from it, better warranty in the brain. I prefer the compustar in the taco, Easyier install(bypass plugs right into brain) cheaper (we sell a lot of them)
Old 02-17-2013, 11:38 AM   #18
BostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
BostonBilly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanv View Post
I had a viper 5902 in my old car, it worked well, has a lot more add on features, but a little bit more money. I have a compustar p2w901 in my taco, seem to get a bit more range from it, better warranty in the brain. I prefer the compustar in the taco, Easyier install(bypass plugs right into brain) cheaper (we sell a lot of them)
Thanks Ryan