Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Winch Controller Outlet Relocation

Old 02-02-2013, 08:03 PM   #1
VA6DCO
IgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
IgnorantlyAlberta's Tacoma Gallery
Winch Controller Outlet Relocation

I have just finished moving my rear winch contact controller outlet. I decided to do this because the remotes cable was to short to reach into the cab while winching. This and the fact that you literally had to crawl under the truck to plug in the remote (thats where I put the contoller).
I DO know that you can purchase a wireless remote winch controller because I have one for my front winch. I didnt want to go with another wireless controller because you still have to plug the remote transmitter into the controller. This might have caused issues because of the controller location.
I checked about 5 times to be sure this was where the hole was going to go.
Winch Controller Outlet Relocation-img00819-20130202-1455.jpg
Painted all the bare metal with bed liner.
Winch Controller Outlet Relocation-img00822-20130202-1528.jpg
Took out these Scotch Quick Splice connectors, threw them out cause they are garbage. I solder my connections.
Winch Controller Outlet Relocation-img00825-20130202-1612.jpg
Like this.
Winch Controller Outlet Relocation-img00828-20130202-1706.jpg
I cut the original connect off of the remote to see the wiring config.
Winch Controller Outlet Relocation-img00830-20130202-1730.jpg
Re-wired with a trailer plug.
Winch Controller Outlet Relocation-img00831-20130202-1815.jpg
After running a 6 conductor trailer cable I wired it to a female connector.
Completed.
Winch Controller Outlet Relocation-img00832-20130202-1958.jpg
What my truck will forever look like.
Winch Controller Outlet Relocation-img00833-20130202-1958.jpg
Old 02-02-2013, 08:11 PM   #2
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
You couldn't find a better place than the bedside to put it???????
Old 02-02-2013, 08:13 PM   #3
VA6DCO
IgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I wanted to reach the rear or sit in the cab at the same time.
My trucks not really built for looks. I actually like it there.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:47 PM   #4
Toyoda
VA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
VA7FQT's Tacoma Gallery
My contractor box fit great in the engine compartment after lengthening and upsizing the wire.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:03 PM   #6
VA6DCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA7FQT View Post
My contractor box fit great in the engine compartment after lengthening and upsizing the wire.
I had my contactor located next to the winch so I could control it while being at the winch. I did consider other places when I initially installed the bumper and winch assembly, though I settled with it at the current location. Than after using it a few times in the mud and snow I realized this wasnt going to work not being able to sit in the cab. Originally I intended on making a longer cable but than I felt like going with this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Looks good OP
Thanks.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:15 AM   #7
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by IgnorantlyAlberta View Post
I wanted to reach the rear or sit in the cab at the same time.
My trucks not really built for looks. I actually like it there.
It's nicely done work to get it there. Looks pretty clean.

I'm pretty sure I would gone inside the bed rails instead of to the bedside. I'd be worried about people effing around with it.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:48 AM   #8
VA6DCO

Im not too concerned about people messing with it. No different than the gas cap cover right beside it. Plus most people in my neck of the woods arent out to destroy other peoples stuff.