Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

INTAKE/EXHAUST ADVICE

Old 02-04-2013, 02:03 PM   #1
terrencew13 is on a distinguished road
terrencew13's Tacoma Gallery
INTAKE/EXHAUST ADVICE

I am about to become the owner of a 2001 Tacoma 4x4 xtra cab v6. I am looking for advice on a good combination of air intake systems and a nice performance converter/exhaust systems from the people who have tried them. Im thinking of magnaflow cat/exhaust with a k&n cold air system. Thoughts and advice are much much appreciated!

Thanks!
Old 02-10-2013, 04:14 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma guy View Post
In my experience , the only thing that really works is the Deckplate mod !
This ^^^

Best gain on the first gens is a 4" deck plate on the intake.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:16 AM   #4
thanks for the tips! - ive been reading a lot about that modification, the truck needs an exhaust system, I was just wondering if anyone had a suggestion on what brand or type to go with, and if a particular cold air intake was worth it or not.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:30 AM   #5
tacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoma guy's Tacoma Gallery
I had the gibbson cat back on my 99 tacoma with the 3.4 and loved it. Not to loud, just rite. After trying CAI, after markrt drop in filters, I put it all back to stock and did the 4in. deck plate mod with the stock toyota filter and wow it made the most differants. Hope that helps!
Old 02-12-2013, 06:25 AM   #6
Thats just what i was looking for - someone who had been down that road already haha - I want it to have a sound, but not deafening haha

thanks for the input!