Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Bad Bearings ???

Old 02-04-2013, 06:29 PM   #1
U.S.M.C.
bowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of light

Marines: HQ BN Truck CO 2nd Marine Division, RS Salt lake city, 6th Marine Regiment, 7th Marine Regiment
bowzerdoo77's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to bowzerdoo77 Send a message via Skype™ to bowzerdoo77
Bad Bearings ???

I have a 2006 DBSB 4x4 it has a 6 inch lift and basicly 35" tires on it, when I was getting my safety insp. done they lifted the front end up and placed a tank bar under the tire, they lifted up on it and I had about an half an inch to an inch of play when he lifted the bar up. He said the bearings are going bad, is that what that sounds like or is it ball joints or what else cound it be? I just dont want to change the bearings and it not be the problem. please chime in and let me know what you think.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:43 PM   #2
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
It could be the bearings, or ball joints... But when you watch the movement of the tire you can clearly tell which ones are moving. Most likely it is the bearings, they are a known failure on 2nd gens.