Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Longest oil change interval......

Old 02-07-2009, 11:54 AM   #21
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Yeah....Im gonna drain mine so I wont have to worry about changeing it.
Plus it'll be nice and clean in there without that icky oil.

Always good to have a thankful neighbor on your side when dealing with your HOA.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:20 AM   #22
mpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud of

Air Force: Heavy Repair CE
Name: Mike and Denise
mpgnc64's Tacoma Gallery
I ran into a lady and her boyfriend at the car wash and she came over and asked me how to get enough air in her tires. Puzzled, I went over with my gauge. 120psi in the front. I asked why she had so much in her tire? Her response was "It says 185" I told her thats 185 75 16 or what ever it was. Her boyfriend had no clue either. Some people really should take the bus. I was going to check her oil but figured it was a lost cause.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:13 AM   #23
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpgnc64 View Post
I ran into a lady and her boyfriend at the car wash and she came over and asked me how to get enough air in her tires. Puzzled, I went over with my gauge. 120psi in the front. I asked why she had so much in her tire? Her response was "It says 185" I told her thats 185 75 16 or what ever it was. Her boyfriend had no clue either. Some people really should take the bus. I was going to check her oil but figured it was a lost cause.
They are lucky it didnt blow up on them.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:55 AM   #24
mpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud of

Air Force: Heavy Repair CE
Name: Mike and Denise
mpgnc64's Tacoma Gallery
I know Ive seen what a cage looks like after a split rim goes.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:10 AM   #25
bobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bobwilson1977's Tacoma Gallery
Reminds me of my brother. He had a 94 Ranger that only got the oil changed when I came to visit about once every year or so. That truck finally blew up after 170k. His current car, a 98 Avalon gets the same treatment but has so far lasted 245,000 miles. Amazingly, he drove from TN to CA last year with the oil cap OFF! He forgot to put it back on and it fell down behind the battery.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:19 AM   #26
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
So, A while back, I was changeing my oil on my truck, and one of my neigbors walk by. She says "I sure see you working on your truck alot, what are you doing all the time?". I tell her that Im doing routine maintinance, like changeing the oil, etc. She asks, "How often do you change the oil?" I tell her every 3000 miles or so. Then I ask, " How often do you change your oil?". She tells me she doesnt know. "What do you mean, 'you dont know?" She then says, "I havent changed it yet."....

Now, She has had this car for 3 years. Its a Chevy Metro, with a Suzuki engine, And she bought it new.

I say, "How many miles do you have on it?" She tells me 58,000. "You havent had the oil changed in 58,000 miles???????"
"No" she says, "Is that bad?".......Ummmm......YES.
I pull the dipstick and the oil is about the consistancy of tar. How that little engine could start and run is beyond me..I do a quick inspection of her car, and find the air filter is completely blocked, and being sucked into the airbox. I tell her to go to this friend of mines shop, have them drain and flush the engine, change the oil, and air filter, and inspect anything they can.

A day goes by, and she comes up to me with a big smile on her face. "I cant belive how much POWER this car has!!!" she says.
No, I tell her. It doesnt have anymore than when you bought it, it is just less work the engine has to do to overcome all the resistance it had built up due to lack of maintinance.

Now, The amazing thing I find in this is that the little suzuki engine had been able to #1. run, #2. RUN WITHOUT THROWING AN ENGINE LIGHT.
musta been treated with Duralube
Old 02-09-2009, 11:21 AM   #27
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
LMFAO.

Chris, that is the funniest thing Ive ever seen you write...
Old 02-10-2009, 07:49 AM   #28
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
oh man, thats a good one! haha
Old 02-10-2009, 08:25 AM   #29
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Great stories, i tried going for the 25k oil change with amsoil on my old nissan titan. I replaced the filter and added at quart around 11,500 miles then went to 15,000 miles but I swear the viscosity changed so much that my Mpg dropped by 2-3. I changed the oil at 15k, and the mpg came right back up...so go figure on the 25k change not recommende by me.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:29 AM   #30
bobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bobwilson1977's Tacoma Gallery
You know, I used the Amsoil stuff one time too. It claims you can go 25,000 miles. I made it to 10k. The stuff looked like tar and the engine was actually using some of the oil. Went right back to dino oil every 3k and its been good ever since.