1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Auto Mate 5304 remote start/Viper 5704 equivalent

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Nicky Lam, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Feb 11, 2013 at 6:55 PM
    Nicky Lam

Nicky Lam [OP] Dog Face Soldier

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Somers Point/Mount Laurel, NJ
    Vehicle:
    2013 Blk DC Off Road
    NOV12: Front windows tinted to matched to rear windows 12NOV12: Fog light anytime mod DEC12: OME 885 w/ 25912 top plate spacers for full 3" lift OME Trim packer Dakar Rear 5 Leaf Packs Total Chaos Uniball Upper Control Arms 2.5° Degree Rear Axle Shims 18JAN13: 17x9 Fuel Kranks 17x9 4.5 BS -12mm Offset 285-70-17 Goodyear Duratracs 23JAN13: OME Carrier Bearing Drop Kit 05FEB13 TRD Aluminum Skid Plate 05FEB13 TRD Stainless Steel Cat Back Exhaust (2012 modified to fit 2013) Auto Mate 5304A (Viper 5704 Equivalent) 2-Way Alarm/Remote Start with Smart Start for iPhone De-Badged All Emblems 30JUL13 Go Rhino Stainless Steel Dominator II Side Steps *not yet installed: Stainless Steel Extended Rear Brake Lines
    dont know if this is the right spot to post this but..

just got the auto mate 5304 today with smart start for iPhone...

bad ass system... i can start/arm/dis arm my truck from Alaska (i live in New Jersey) and get alarms/triggers from it as well, still messing with all the bells and whistles. viper sends me an email and text message for anything thats triggered and a confirmation if the command went through or failed. debating to not carry a key fob at all and just do everything with the phone since i have that with me at all times... the 2 key fob they give you is a LCD 2 way key fob, and a non lcd 4 button 1 way, and of course, the smart start app is free (i have it for my iPhone)

auto mate is made by the the same company as Viper, Python, Clifford, Autostart Etc... DEI

auto mate 5304 is the exact equivalent of the Viper 5704 alarm remote start system which was the replacement for the 5901.

120.00 for the smart start subscription for 3 years (it was the best/most money saved plan)

500 installed for the 5304, 299 for the smart start add on module, 120 for Smart Start subscription plan for 3 years. about 950, all said and done with 3.5 hours of waiting. but sooo worth it

i dont have any pictures as i had it professionally installed, but i will try to get a video up soon showing the truck and smart start. i dont know anyone else on here with a 2013 and the smart start, but the tech came in a few times printing out diagrams as he said there were a few differences from earlier year models of the tundra and tacomas he has done.

im trying to get the back light on with pressing buttons for the key fob but i cant seem to figure it out. owner/user manual is not helping

if you're looking for a do it all and then some alarm system and remote start. i would highly recommend anything from the DEI product line

Products Discussed in

To Top